Chapter 56

When Krist woke up, he smiled looking at Godt who was sleeping near him. He caressed his hair. He looked over the room and found that they were alone. He looked beside him and was shocked to see that his daughter wasn't there. He shook Godt.

"Godt, wake up. Please wake up fast." Krist said, nearly shouting.

Godt woke up shocked to see Krist yelling. He panicked too and asked,
"What happened? Are you in pain??"

"Where's my baby? Why isn't she here yet??" Krist asked crying

Godt hugged him and tried to calm him.
"She is in the nursery. Dr. Yan has kept her there. I will tell the nurse to bring her over. Stop panicking. Please calm down."

Krist shook his head
"Bring her to me now. I want to hold her. Why do they keep taking her away? I am her mother. Why can't she be beside me?"

"Is it because I am a man? Is that why? Is she alright? There's nothing wrong, right? Tell me please...." Krist started crying

Godt kissed his forehead.
"No....she is perfect just like you. Yan said that you are not in the perfect health now. You need time to recover, physically and mentally. You can't stress yourself so much."

Krist hugged him back.
"I just want her with me. I am afraid that I will lose her..."

"Shhh...no one can take her away from you. It's only for a few day's. Once you are better, they will keep her here all the time. And don't forget, she will come home with us. Everyone is waiting for her." Godt said.

Krist wiped his tears. He nodded. Godt was right. He has to stay calm. Too much stress isn't good for him. If he isn't better, who will take care of Achara??

"Ok. I am calm now. I will try to stay calm. Aren't you going home? Did you eat anything?" Krist asked

"I had dinner. I want to eat breakfast with you. I will go and freshen up. Ok." Godt said

Krist nodded. Godt stood up and was about to go when Krist stopped him

"Where's my phone? Did you take pictures of her? Show me..."

Godt handed his phone to him. Krist smiled looking at his baby's pictures. He can't wait to hold her again.

When he came out, Krist was still looking at the pictures. He went out and told the nurse that Krist was awake. He sat beside him and scrolled too

"She looks really like an angel. Should we call her angel?? As a nickname?? What do you say?" Krist asked

Godt nodded. They had breakfast together. Yan was surprised to see Krist in a happy mood.

"Dr, when can I see my angel??" Krist asked

Yan signalled the nurse who nodded and went out. When he was about to open his shirt to look at the stitches, Krist stopped him. Yan thought he was hurting and stopped

"Please send Godt out." Krist whispered. He was scared of looking at him. He didn't want to see disgust on his husband's face.

Yan looked at Godt and told him to go out for a while but Godt refused.

"I want to stay. I want to see..." Godt said

Yan looked at Krist and waited for his agreement. He didn't want him to get stressed. Krist was scared but agreed. He closed his eyes and felt Godt hold his hands.

Yan smiled and started his check up. Godt was shocked to see the scar on his belly. He tightened his hand. He can never imagine how much pain Krist must be in. Yan covered his belly after checkup.