🤍Pure Vanilla X Dark Cacao 🤍

Cold But Kind

For: Rainbow975

Labels: 🤍

*Note: This is a high school au

3rd person pov

Dark Cacao stared over at Pure Vanilla jealousy. Pure Vanilla was talking with White Lily and he was laughing and very happy. Dark Cacao growled in annoyance, tempted to punch down the picnic table he was sitting at. White Lily was Dark Cacao friend but she had known Pure Vanilla for a very long time, longer than Dark Cacao. Dark Cacao only met the two in the summer before highschool, and he only developed a crush on Pure Vanilla a few months ago.

"Hey Dark Cacao ol' buddy!" Hollyberry said as she sauntered up to him with Golden Cheese.

"Why the face?" Gold Cheese asked, "Don't tell me you're backing down from our arm wrestling contest cuz you're scared!"

"No, ofcourse not!" Dark Cacao yelled, "Let's go, right here, right now!"

"Alright, bet! Winner gets 5 bucks!" Golden Cheese cheered.

They propped their elbows onto the picnic table.

"3..2..1..begin!" Hollyberry Berry announced.

They started off strong, but Dark Cacao started to slightly win. He grinned and thought this'll be easy.

His eyes glanced over to Pure Vanilla whom was watching the contest with interest with White Lily. Pure Vanilla looked at Dark Cacao and their eyes locked. Pure Vanilla gave him a tiny encouraging smile. Dark Cacao's heart started racing and his face heat up slightly.

The second he lost a bit of concentration on the match, Gold Cheese slammed Dark Cacao's hand down making him flinch. Dark Cacao looked back at Golden Cheese who was smiling smugly with her hands on her hips.

"Hah!" Gold Cheese jeered.

"Rematch!" Dark Cacao roared and Golden Cheese shook her head.

"Hey, do you want to study with me and White Lily in the library later?" Pure Vanilla asked softly, coming up to Dark Cacao.

"Yes!" Dark Cacao burst out, kind of desperate.

"See you later than," Pure Vanilla smiled and walked away.

Dark Cacao was really happy now. He got to study with Pure Vanilla in the library together! Well, White Lily is coming, but that's alright!

"I know that face! You have a crush on Pure Vanilla!" Hollyberry laughed, "You're jealous of White Lily, huh?"

"Awe, he wasn't trying his best?" Golden Cheese complained, "I demand a rematch!"

"Oh yeah? Fine!" Dark Cacao said.

Hollyberry began to count down,"Ready set.."

....

Dark Cacao sat in silence as he read with Pure Vanilla and White Lily in the library. He wanted to say something, but Pure Vanilla was so into the book he didn't want to interrupt.

"You guys, it's getting a bit late so I'm going to head out," White Lily said and she stood up slinging her satchel over her shoulder, "Dark Cacao can I talk to you outside?"

"Sure," Dark Cacao said.

"Bye White Lily!" Pure Vanilla waved and she waved back.

Dark Cacao stepped outside to face White Lily. Does she want to talk about Pure Vanilla?

"You like him, don't you?" White Lily asked more of a statement.

"What?" Dark Cacao said confused.

"Pure Vanilla ofcourse, you lost your arm wrestle match the second he gave you a smile," White Lily giggled, "You were also staring at me and him before that."

"So?" Dark Cacao growled, "He's my friend, ofcourse I like him!"

"Stop pretending, I'm also your friend!" White Lily said impatiently, "If you're jealous of me, you shouldn't be. Me and Pure Vanilla are best friends nothing more. He and I were friends since forever since we both used to be so shy."

"You aren't shy to me right now," Dark Cacao pointed out.

"Because you're one of my closest friend along with Hollyberry and Golden Cheese!" She replied.

"Trust me, Pure Vanilla talks about you all the time," White Lily said calmly, "That's why I'm leaving right now, so you get some time alone. I already read with Pure Vanilla all the time."

"Wha-" Dark Cacao started, a bit startled.

"Bye!" White Lily said and slipped away before Dark Cacao could respond.

Dark Cacao returned to the room where Pure Vanilla was waiting for him. When Pure Vanilla noticed Dark Cacao enter, he motioned him to come over.

"Read this part!" Pure Vanilla said in excitement.

Dark Cacao chuckled to himself as he read the part. He started laughing since the part was actually quite funny.

"Your laugh is nice," Pure Vanilla observed quietly.

"And so is everything about you," Dark Cacao complimented.

"Oh right, there's also this part," Pure Vanilla said, showing Dark Cacao.

So that was how the two cookies spent the rest of the late summer evening. Trading together happily. Both loved each other but was too nervous to confess, but that was alright. They both were glad they were together.
Don't worry though, the rest of their friends won't let them be nervous forever, after all they were already brainstorming on how to get the couple to get together..

------------------------

Word count: 825

Hope you enjoyed that oneshot, next one coming soon!
Have a good day/night :)