2.10

A full day later Dr. White stood in his office back in the lab, staring out of the window where his new attachment  was being finalised. A special spot for one specific creature.

"MY mutant" he muttered and hit his fist against the bulletproof wall making a bang. the guards who came to report flinched from the sudden bang. "I want my mutant back, don't make me wait this long" he turned around back to the guards.

"But sir, we can't get to any of them, they are together all the time. It's too risky to attack now"

"So you're telling me that these whole 24 hours there was not even a single time any of you twenty men saw one of them alone??" white frowned.

"That's...right. Especially Jungkook, he keeps following taehyung around everywhere he goes. He even walked him to his work today"

"then fucking drive them apart!? do you not have brains? why do i have to tell every single thing to you, now get out of my sight. i dont want to hear from you again untill you fucking bring me my mutant!!" he pointed at the door. seeing how his creation was out on free feet like this angered him. Jungkook was supposed to obey him, and now he seemed to have his confidence back and it will only be harder to get jungkook back under his thumb.

"y-yes sir" the guards bowed and left the office to start discussing a new approach.

-

That day Taehyung was leaning over a mutant inspecting the mutation. This one looked more human than others, it was someone who hadn't completely mutated yet, and still they killed this one. Taehyung sighed. maybe he would have been able to save this person if the guards didn't kill him.

"What's wrong?" his colleague asked.

"It's just... he looks so young, and now he is dead here with us as a learning project.. maybe we could have cured him..."

"There was nothing we could have done here, his brains are too far gone, his bones are completely broken up his and around his skull. even if we managed to cure him, he would die of his wounds."

"you're right... but it still doesn't sit right with me how everything goes. they are just so violent, they have no pity for any of them"

"That's true... but what can we do? we're just doctors, were not the minister or whatever"

"yea..." taehyung stood up and covered the top half of the mutant again with the cover. "were done here"

"really? did you get everything we need?"

"Yes, I do not need more for now. were going to start with the blood. Would you set this in the machine for me on your way out?" Taehyung handed his colleague the tray of different blood samples. "I will look at them tomorrow."

"Sure" he took the tray from the other. "Will you go home now?"

"Yes, my boyfriend will come pick me up, I think he is already here since we finished quite late today," Taehyung smiled.

"Oh boyfriend. so you finally got his heart?" the other smiled. "congratulations!"

"Yeah, I'm so happy. He actually felt the same for me, but I will tell you more tomorrow. i shouldn't keep him waiting"

"Right, I will look forward to it. See you tomorrow!"

the two part ways and taehyung went to change his clothes before heading outside. In front of the door Jungkook was sitting on the stairs staring bored ahead of him into the big streets. some cars passing by every now and then. it wasn't busy here, it was mostly industrial buildings. it was safer to build the mutant hospital out of the center of the city, in case someone would be taken over by the mutation and break free, it would not be safe.