3.5

Taehyung had started to make them something to eat. Jimin was kind enough to send a delivery to them with some basic needs. It got dropped right at the front door. There wasn't much special inside so Taehyung just made them some wraps. His own portion was finished but he did not have to make Jungkook's. He was hesitating. Staring at the cream coloured wrap in his hand.

Would this count as white? Would it trigger him?

"It's okay," Jungkook said softly from the dining table. He was waiting patiently there while he rested. He still felt very sick, but at least he didn't have to puke anymore

"ah...Okay" Taehyung smiled a little and began to make Jungkook's portion. It's been very silent between them since their last talk about the promise, it wasn't uncomfortable. It was just giving eachother time to think and process everything that happened.

"I'm sorry for lying to you," Jungkook said suddenly. His eyes staring at the wooden table.

"You don't have to apologise, I understand. It's okay"

"I should have told you the whole truth when I remembered it..... Instead i didnt say a thing.. I only made things harder than they should have been"

Taehyung sighed and stopped rolling the wrap. "Koo... I love you, I know how you are, and its not easy to talk about things like that. I get it, I don't blame you for anything. Please don't eat yourself over this." he looked back, feeling a little disappointed when jungkook wasn't looking back at him, his eyes fixed on the table.

"there.... Is more that i haven't told you" Jungkook continued. "i-i...Slowly begin to remember more things of my past.....And....I remember my best friend...." Jungkoks voice sounded happy. But that vanished when he said the next sentence. "but... I think he hates me now... I've ruined our friendship."

"why would he hate you?" Taehyung asked while he placed their plates down and he took a seat across from jungkook.

"we had been friends for years until... They took me away that day. I haven't seen him in years until he suddenly showed up at the lab, he was in charge of the night watch at my cell..... But... I had already lost my memories that time... I must have really hurt his feelings.... I remember saying i didn't know him when he desperately tried to talk to me about what happened...." Jungkooks voice went softer the more he kept talking. He felt so bad for what happened. "i remember now.... But its already too late for that. He is in the special forces, and i am his enemy"

-

Jungkook sat in his cell staring at his hands. Seeing the painful mutation wiggle under his skin, it was so painful. But why wasn't he crying? Why wasn't he reacting? He just sat there blankly staring at the misformation happening to his arms.

He was so focused he didn't hear the door open and a loud gasp echo in his empty cell.

"Jungkook?! Why are you here? I thought you were dead or something!"

"huh" Jungkook looked up in a daze. He had no idea what was happening.

"that happened. Are you infected or something, are you getting treatment??"

"Who are you?"

"uh.... I'm Hoseok, your friend..." Hoseok said, looking taken aback by the question. Jungkook sounded so different, too empty.

"friend.... I don't know you, i don't have friends"

"Kook, what are you blabbing! What happened to you?"

Jungkook fell silent. He doesn't remember much, he did remember that he had to visit Dr. White, everything else was a blur. "Who is kook?"

"no.... What did they do?!" Hoseok said worried. "Jungkook, think! What happened?!"