Chapter 1

Chapter 1

    It was early spring, and the first rain fell in Kyoto, bringing long-lost greenery.

    The bluestone road in the backyard of the Lin Mansion was slippery, and the servants inevitably made a little noise as they walked and pushed.

    The big maid in the back room, Hong Xing, walked out with her eyebrows frowned, and said in a low voice: "Be quiet, don't disturb the second girl's rest." The servants looked at each other, made faces behind her back, and then

    went Walk lightly to the corridor.

    After Hong Xing stared at them as they walked away, she turned back to the house, and saw the girl in the bed curtain was still asleep, so she lighted the tranquilizing incense, and carefully closed the door to decoct the medicine.

    And at the moment the door closed, the person who was asleep suddenly opened his eyes.

    Lin Mengqiu tightly gripped the quilt with ten fingers, panting heavily, her fair face was blushing slightly, her forehead and shoulders were covered with thin sweat, and the tear moles at the corners of her eyes were also wet with sweat, making her look beautiful and flirtatious.

    She opened her eyes in a daze, looking at the top of the bed curtain, her cheeks and lips were extremely pale.

    She dreamed again.

    When she was twelve years old, she went to stay at her grandfather's house for a short while. On the way home, she encountered bandits. They seemed to have known that she would pass by this place, and they waited here on purpose.

    The most creepy thing for her was that she made up her mind to go home one day earlier, how could they know that she would pass by, and asked them to hand over the treasure by name.

    The bandits held swords fiercely, no matter how much money they paid, they killed the accompanying maid in front of her.

    She struggled helplessly to escape, but the bloody knife was already raised high.

    Just when Lin Mengqiu closed his eyes in despair, a fierce horse ran across the crowd. Before the robbers could react, the long sword had pierced into the body of the person holding the knife, and blood splashed all over her body.

    Lin Mengqiu was trembling with fear, when he raised his head, he met a face that was as bright as the morning sun. The young man in scarlet clothes sat high on the horse's head, holding seven feet of frost in his hand, and there was still blood splashed on his face, but he just rubbed his sleeve with his sleeve, and stretched out his hand to her with a flamboyant smile: "Hey, kid, how are you doing?" ?”

    She couldn't hold back, and burst into tears.

    The young man who was still smiling just now was stunned: "Hey, why are you still crying?"

    He got off the horse in a hurry, took out a handkerchief and wiped it for her indiscriminately, while wiping impatiently: "Children are troublesome."

    Lin Mengqiu's face It was rubbed red, even though it hurt, she knew clearly that she was still alive, and she always remembered the temperature of the veil.

    She couldn't remember what happened after that. She only knew that she developed a high fever as soon as she returned home and stayed in bed for several months. As for the matter, she only said that she was frightened when she went out to ride a horse and was recuperating at home.

    As for how she narrowly escaped death and who saved her, her parents never mentioned it. Since then, the incident of that day has become a taboo in the family, and no one dares to mention it again.