Chapter 79

Chapter 79

    Yuan Li's work was very fast, but he found the largest inn in the city in a short time. The downstairs is a tavern and the upstairs is a guest room that can be lived in.

    Lingnan is the last territory recovered except for the northwest. It faces the enemy's country from east to west, and there is miasma in the south. It is thousands of miles away from the imperial city.

    In the first few years, the prefects died inexplicably in the mansion, most of them died of poisoning, and the death conditions were horrific, which made the civil and military ministers of the Manchu Dynasty scared out of their nerves when they heard the name of Lingnan in those few years.

    Until three years ago, Liu Puzhen, the Minister of the Household Department at that time, invited him to go to Lingnan to become an official. During these three years, the Lingnan land was governed in an orderly manner, and the people's hostility towards the imperial court was much less.

    Although under Master Liu's jurisdiction, Lingnan is different from the past, but the place where everyone is located is the largest town in Lingnan, but it can still be seen that it is not as prosperous as other places.

    It will be noon, and it should be the time when the flow of people is the most, but there are not many people passing by on the street.

    Everyone stayed in the inn, Lin Mengqiu couldn't help pushing the window to look out.

    On the way back to Beijing from Anyang, they have stayed in inns and taverns many times, but the scenery in each place is different. Before coming here, the old concubine said that Lingnan was desolate and chaotic, but Lin Mengqiu thought the scenery was pleasant and the folk customs were very simple. .

    As soon as I took a break, I couldn't help but want to go out for a walk.

    If she had pulled Shen Che's sleeves to act like a spoiled child before, but now it is different, she still has one in her stomach, even if she is itchy in her heart, she has to take care of the child.

    But even if she didn't say it, Shen Che saw through her at a glance. After staying, he asked Dr. Wen to take her pulse as usual to make sure everything was fine, and then stared at her and ate a big bowl of rice before he felt relieved .

    "Husband, I heard that the rice noodle wonton here is very famous, and there are also a lot of fruits and vegetables, shall we try it tomorrow?"

    She said cautiously, only saying that she would try it tomorrow, so that she can eat fresh food , without revealing her true purpose.

    Shen Che pinched her palm, and the other hand gently covered her lower abdomen. She has been in her body for more than four months now, and her originally flat lower abdomen has already swelled slightly.

    But her bones are small, and even after more than four months, she is still thinner than others. After autumn, she changed into a jacket, and she could hardly see her pregnancy from behind.

    When she was on the boat a few days ago, she was pleasantly surprised to find that the baby in her stomach moved a little, and hurriedly asked Shen Che to touch it, but she didn't expect that the baby would not move when he touched her stomach.

    Lin Mengqiu joked with him, because the baby didn't know him and was afraid of him, so he didn't move.

    Unexpectedly, he actually took such a joke seriously. From that day on, he would touch her belly every day, in the name of saying hello to the baby in her belly.

    When he reached out to touch Lin Mengqiu's stomach for the first time, he acted lightly, as if he was afraid of hurting her, such light movements were like scratching an itch.