Chapter 9

Chapter 9

    When Lin Mengqiu just opened her eyes, she was in a daze for a while. She was not on the bed at all, but lying on the hard and chilly ground. She was only wearing single clothes in the middle of the night, no wonder it was so cold.

    Her first reaction was that she didn't sleep well, and she fell out of bed, but the surroundings were cold and dark, and there wasn't even a candle, so it didn't look like her bedroom no matter how she looked.

    She could only stand up and look at this strange room with the moonlight outside the window. The room was large but unexpectedly empty, and she could only vaguely see the outlines of the screen, tables and chairs.

    This kind of darkness made Lin Mengqiu think that she was still in her previous life, and it was like this every day during the days when she was locked up in the ancestral hall.

    Boundless darkness and endless nightmares.

    Is she dreaming, or is she really in a strange place at the moment?

    Just as Lin Mengqiu was in a trance, a faint light appeared in the room, which immediately illuminated the desk in front of her.

    An incense burner and several dishes of offerings were placed on the long table, and behind the incense burner were five neat tablets, which were particularly permeating with the dim light.

    Fortunately, Lin Mengqiu didn't feel scared. When she was in the ancestral hall, she fell asleep with the tablets of her ancestors. In her opinion, the dead were not scary at all. Compared with them, what was more terrifying was the human heart.

    So she just blinked and looked curiously at the names on the tablets.

    No one was surnamed Shen, and the strangest thing was that the one on the far right was a blank tablet with no name written on it.

    Judging from the existing four names, they are delicate and sweet, and they should all be women.

    Her eyes fell on the tablet on the far left, and she wrote the words 'Zhou Lingyue'.

    Lin Mengqiu searched for the memories of these four people in her mind, and she was sure that she had never seen or had contact with them.

    But this memorial tablet will not appear in Shen's house out of thin air, Lin Mengqiu frowned in thought, whenever she was thinking about something, she would habitually grab something around her, it used to be a sleeve handkerchief.

    Wearing a fine cotton underwear for sleeping today, she could only grab the laces hanging on both sides and twist the long laces into a circle. When she loosened them, her eyes suddenly lit up.

    She remembered that she had heard the name Zhou Lingyue before, the granddaughter of Zhou Taifu.

    Two years ago, she was given a marriage by the Holy Majesty to marry Shen Che as the concubine.

    At that time, Shen Che had just returned from the battlefield with a broken leg, and the empress was distraught and fell ill. In order to reward the heroes and appease the queen, the Holy Majesty bestowed a marriage on Shen Che.

    Zhou Lingyue is a well-known noble lady in the capital. She thought it was a good marriage with a talent and beauty. Who would have thought that Zhou Lingyue would be carried out of the palace within half a year after her marriage.

    It is said that the neck was cut off at the time of death, and the death condition was horrific. Zhou Taifu sent a white-haired man to a black-haired man. When he saw his granddaughter's body, he fell into a coma on the spot, and then dragged his sick body to sue Shen Che.