Trust

Today, I had an important shoot with a big brand that was going to last for a few weeks. It was going to be a big project and they wanted me to work with them for the whole project. I was so excited because it was my first big project in my modelling career.

Before I left for work, I kissed Pedri and told him how much I love him. I was going to miss him today, that was for sure. I didn't want to leave him at all but e forced me to leave because if he didn't I would have been late to work. I hugged him one last time before I left.

When I arrived at the shooting location, it was a huge company. There were workers everywhere minding their own business. I saw a woman at the entry and told her who I was so she immediately led me to the room I am supposed to be in. The room was huge too. It was separated into many sections and it was full of people. I knew I wasn't the only model for them so they had many makeup and hair team for each one of us.

At first, they introduced all the models so we could get to know each other and then they told me to sit down in my seat so they could get me ready for the shoot. I was talking with another girl while someone was doing my hair when I heard a familiar voice. I wasn't able to recognize the voice but I knew I heard it before. It was a girl's voice. I looked around me to see if I could catch the face of this voice when my eyes met the eyes of someone I knew. I really knew. Amelia. Pedri's ex-girlfriend. Shit, I told myself. She looked at me and smiled while walking towards me. I made an awkward smile and wished that Pedri was next to me right now holding my hand and telling me that everything is fine since he is there. But he wasn't.

"Hi Sarah" she said while hugging me.

"Hello Amelia, how are you?" I asked her with a lower voice.

"I am good and you? I didn't know you model now. That's amazing. Good for you."

I nodded and said:

"Yes, I recently got into this career and I really enjoy it. What are you doing here?"

"I work now for the company, for their social media team."

Make total sense.

"Hey, listen I know you have so much work so let's get lunch later and talk. What do you say?" she asked me.

"Okay, no problem" I told her.

The second she left, I grabbed my phone and texted Pedri telling him who I just saw.

Pedri's POV:

I answered Sarah's text completely surprised. My ex-girlfriend was going to eat lunch with my wife. I hated this. The thought of it made me go crazy. I told Gavi who was as surprised as me.

Sarah's POV:

The shoot went well as always. I then went into the parking lot to join Amelia for our lunch date that she proposed a few hours ago. She was already waiting for me when I got outside. We walked a few blocks to a restaurant and ordered food. Then we sat at the terrasse outside and began to talk.

"You know my relationship with Pedri never felt like one. I always knew how much he loved you just by the way he looked at you. His eyes were shining for you but they never did for me."

I smiled when she said that because I didn't know that.

"Thank you" I said to her.

"I am glad you guys got married" she told me genuinely.

I smiled again at her. Amelia was so sweet. I didn't expect that.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked her.

"Of course" she said.

I took a deep breath because I didn't know if asking that question was too much.