Chapter 7: Making Promises

Max makes her way inside of the house, her eyes red and her face holding dried tears, her throwing her keys into the bowl slowly while she closes the door behind her, her just holding a distant saddened expression on her face.

Lady greets her, Max rubbing the top of her head a little before she goes into her room. She quickly strips herself down and she goes into the hot shower, the hot shower water pouring on her from both ways from the two shower heads in the shower box.

Max just stands there for a few minutes, lightly hugging herself as she lets her tears spring free. All of the different emotions she is feeling right now is overwhelming, the sadness, the pain, the fear and the strong emotions of her clear feelings towards Lucas. It wasn't easy hearing the last words he said to her, him confessing his love for her.

And it feels like she is being pushed or pulled, she cannot deny the guard she has up because of what happened between her and Lucas six months ago, how he suddenly just switched and she has been the behavior from him multiple times, but six months ago it was then more than ever and she doesn't want that happening to her again, but at the same time she cannot deny her feelings for Lucas, she cannot deny it isn't something there.

And that just makes her even more saddened and frustrated at the same time, her leaning her head back as she cries, letting the hot water pour on her. After she stands there for a long minute she goes to shave before using her scrub and just batting herself multiple times, her taking all the hot shower until it turns cold before she makes her way out of the shower.

She dries herself off and her hair before she lotions up with her scented lotion and oils, wrapping her towel around her waist and going to blow dry her hair, putting it in a low ponytail. She brushes her teeth and washes her face before she makes her way to her room, going to put on some bra and panties before she puts on a oversized black shirt that comes to her mid thigh, her going to pop in a movie and go to her bed, Lady jumping up on the bed and going to cuddle with her.

"I need all the comfort I can get right now Lady." Max lightly smiles while she leans her back against the headboard, the covers covering her lower body. Lady lightly brings her nose closer and closer to Max's face while she wags her tail, her eventually going to lay down besides Max and rest her head on Max's lap, Max softly rubbing the top of her head.

Susan softly knocks on the door, giving Max a soft little smile. She goes to sit at the edge of the bed while looking at her, going to softly pet Lady. "Why have you been crying?"

Max sighs a little bit, her leaning her head up and crossing her arms. "Lucas he....he told me his story." Max admits.

Susan going to softly nod her head. "Okay." She says. "And did you....I guess did that make you understand his decisions?"

Max nods her head while she slowly begins to purse her lips, more tears prickling in her eyes. "Yes, and I feel so stupid mom." She puts her face in her hands. "He was doing it all for me, he was doing it all....for reasons and...he's been through so much mom so much! Too much! He's been through to much mom!" Max cries.

Susan goes over to her, going to hug her and Max leaning on her head on her chest while hugging her back. "It's okay."

Max wipes her tears away after a minute. "Mom he was there for me whenever that shit happened with Neil. I feel like I just...abandoned him when he was going through so much."

"But at the same time you had your reasons." Susan says.

"Yeah but...." Max trails off. "I won't lie and say that it hasn't me guarded because it does. What he did hurt mom but after hearing why I...why do I still have this feeling?"