Chapter 61: Another Operation

Lucas begins to slowly open his eyes when his seven AM alarm goes off, him yawning a little as he goes to turn it off.

Max begins to open her eyes as well, raising her head up from Lucas chest while she wipes her eyes, her looking at the clock, putting her hands behind her and taking Dox off of her back and laying him down on the bed. "How does your hand feel?"

"Better than yesterday." Lucas responds.

"That's good." Max says while raising up more. "Do you feel up to working? It's not hurting to much is it?"

"It's fine Max." Lucas smiles at her, going to kiss her cheek softly. "I'll be fine okay?"

"Okay but I'm driving you to work and your mom agreed to pick you up too." Max says while they get up and get to the bathroom. "We both agreed on doing that until your hand heals."

"Max I can still drive it's only my hand." Lucas laughs softly.

"Yeah but you have a five speed Lucas you can't control the wheel plus shift gears with one hand." Max mentions.

"Sure I can, I did it every time I drove and held your hand." Lucas smiles.

"Mhm." Max hums back. "Rides Lucas."

"Alright." Lucas puts his hands up in surrender. "I'll obey you."

"You better." Max says back. They go to get in the shower, them making their way out after they are done and them changing into their work clothes, Max going to rub the cream on his hand and wrap his bandage around it and put the cast on him.

"Okay good?" Max questions.

"Good." Lucas confirms.

"Remember you have to use this twice while at work okay? Before lunch then after lunch. Please don't forget Lucas." Max says.

"I won't." Lucas shakes his head.

"If at anytime you feel like your arm is hurting to much you call me or your mother okay?"

"Okay."

"And be sure to—"

"Not do any heavy work or volunteer." Lucas finishes for her.

"Okay." Max smiles at him. "Promise?"

"I promise mamas." Lucas responds, going to give her a soft kiss.

"Kay." Max smiles after she kisses him back, she goes to feed Dox and Lady before they make their way out of the door, Lucas getting in the passenger side and Max getting in the drivers side, her beginning to drive.

"Oh I also have family dinner tonight." Lucas says.

"Yeah your mom told me, she and your Dad also wanted to come by during your lunch break." Max mentions.

"Okay." Lucas replies. "Did they say why? Am I in trouble?"

Max laughs. "Lucas you are nineteen years old paying split rent in a house you own with Mike Will and Dustin and you are still worried about being in trouble with your parents?"

"Well yeah...they scare me when they are mad at me." Lucas shrugs simply. "Especially my mom."

"Yeah well...can't argue on that." Max responds. "But no they just said they missed you and wanted to spend some time with you, plus to check up on you."

"Okay." Lucas responds.

"Also tomorrow Christian wanted this whole get to know each other thing dinner so I am going over to his place along with my mom. So it's going to be me him Lesley and mom so wish me luck."