Chapter 41: Operation 'Excuses'

Dead

Silence

That is all that is heard but at the same time it is louder then words alone. All of them sit around in Susan's house, all of them slowly glancing at one another but more so just looking down, not able to meet Susan's hard glare as she stands in front of all of them with her arms crossed.

Max sits on the table along with Lucas, her lightly rocking her knee while her hands are clasped in her lap, her looking over at Lucas a little and him just scratching the back of his neck while looking down.

Lucas gets a sense of whiplash when Susan suddenly goes over to the couch next to her and throws at pillow right in his face, him looking at Susan with wide eyes. "Oww!" He exclaims dramatically.

"I am still waiting for a explanation!" Susan mentions.

"I was dragged into this." Nancy puts her hands up.

"I'm pretty sure you willingly wanted to do it." Erica says.

Lucas slowly looks over at Erica, seeing her on her Nintendo while she lays out on the couch with headphones on her ears. "Why are you even here?"

"Glad I'm here now for the drama." Erica smiles.

"As Nancy said we were dragged into this." Mike motions.

"Yep."

"Dragged into it."

"You all suck!" Max says.

"Well....technically you already...know the story..." Robin trails off.

"Yeah because you told her!" Steve says. "You buckled under pressure!"

"I'm sorry I tried!" Robin says back.

"No you didn't you immediately buckled!"

"I did try okay I did!"

"I just wanted ribs." Jonathan puts up his hands in surrender.

"Even if she didn't tell me I already knew." Susan says. "You all suck at hiding in plain sight."

All of their eyes widen in realization. "Wait..." Steve trails off. "So the whole time you already knew we were there?"

"Duh." Susan says back with crossed arms.

"Then....why didn't you...say anything?" Robin questions.

"Because I wanted you all to think that you were all actually getting away with a failed mission when in the end I was going to ruin that whole thing called team spirit." Susan quotes sarcastically.

Robin swallows while looking at Susan. "You scare me, I just wanted to let you know."

"I'm glad to hear that." Susan responds simply. "So...who's idea was it?" She questions, her raising her eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"Wait...is she serious?" Will whispers.

"She's testing us." Eleven whispers back.

Everyone slowly goes to look at Max, her still looking down a little at her hands. She slowly looks over at Susan, Susan already looking at her with raised eyebrows. "If....I say if it was Lucas idea?" Max smiles.

Lucas looks over at her with wide eyes. "WHAT?!" He exclaims, Susan looking over at him. "No! No no no no no this was not my idea."

"Uhhh technically it is because you were the one that was talking to me saying oh mamas sometimes you have to take that chance with someone because it might be good! Oh! I'm Lucas Sinclair and I know what I am talking about." Max mocks in a deep voice.