Chapter 36: Job Hunting

Max and Lucas lay in the bed contently, it being a bright and early Monday morning. Max has her leg over Lucas, one of her arms laying on his chest while the other one scratches through his hair, Lucas being on his back while they kiss each other softly.

Max hums with a smile after they pull away, their lips being tingly in sensation. "It's Monday, which means we should be hearing back from the jobs we applied to."

"Mhm." Lucas hums, him giving Max a soft peck. "Yeah I'm waiting to hear back on some. Which one do you really want to work at?"

"So me El and Suzie applied for a job at the Oasis Palace. It's literally next to the beach and it is a nice restaurant and high pay, best part is that the position we applied for only needs people on the weekdays, so no weekends for us if we all get it so fingers crossed."

"Yeah me and Dustin kind of went above and beyond and applied for a office position, since our skills in math and science it is what they needed." Lucas says. "Can't say I would get it but...you know it's worth a shot."

"You'll get something Lucas I'm sure of it." Max says. "You're a good worker and someone will focus on that okay?"

"Okay." Lucas smiles.

"What about Mike and Will what are they trying to do?" Max questions.

"Not to sure, I think like stocker or supplier or something." Lucas mentions.

"Okay." Max responds, her going to kiss Lucas softly once again. "Don't be nervous Lucas."

"I know it's just...I kind of am, I know I am going to have trouble Max." Lucas says.

"You'll find something okay. I know you will." Max assures. "Don't stress okay? We saved up for us to not be employed for weeks and even if we'll get something and everything will keep afloat okay?"

"I know, I just want to help." Lucas mentions.

"You will, because you will find something." Max says. She looks over to the phone when she hears it ring, her going to reach over it to pick it up. "This is Max Mayfield....yes.....yes.....awesome! Yes I'll be there shortly. Thank you so much!"

"You got it?" Lucas raises up with a smile.

"Yes I got a interview for the Oasis Palace!" Max cheers.

"That's awesome mamas, we have to celebrate." Lucas smiles.

"I know!" Max kisses him quickly. "Okay I have to get ready they want me to come in for a interview as soon as I can."

"Okay." Lucas responds, him watching Max leave out of the bed and going to the bathroom.

Lucas looks towards the phone when it rings, him going to pick up the phone. "This is Lucas Sinclair.....yes.....yes...." Lucas says, his face going down a little and him rubbing his forehead a little. "No problem...thank you." Lucas says before he hangs up the phone, him sighing a little bit.

He goes to lay back down in the bed, him letting out a little sigh. He knows that is only the first job that denied him but he knows it isn't going to be the last, and he is nervous that is going to happen with the job he really wants with Dustin, but he knows he is going to have to prepare himself for the worst.

Max makes her way out of the bathroom, her being dressed in dark blue high rise jeans and a stripped shirt and vans. "Okay I'll be back. Love you."

"Love you too." Lucas responds.

"Hey guys." Max smiles, seeing Eleven and Sizie by the door.

"Hey. Did you get a callback from the Oasis?" Eleven questions.