Chapter 62: Different Dinners

"Man that statement is so deep!" Robin exclaims while she looks at the TV, them standing behind a counter while Steve just shuffles cards in a bored manner, his forearms being leaned on the counter.

"This is so boring Robin." Steve mentions. "That's it we are watching a horror movie." He says before stopping the movie and taking it out.

"Wait no—"

"Robin you can't pout forever." Steve says while putting in a movie.

Robin pouts in response, her leaning back on the counter. "I mean not one call Steve, not one."

"There are plenty of women out there Robin. Plenty of fish in the sea."

"Yeah plenty of heterosexual fish in the sea." Robin pouts. "I'll never find love."

Steve sighs a little bit, him honestly not knowing what to say in this moment. It is a hard complicated situation, and he does feel sorry for Robin despite how annoying she can be at times. "You'll find it Robin, it just takes time."

"But I want it nowwwww!" Robin pouts. "It's whatever. So how are things with you and Lesley?"

"It's good." Steve smiles. "We're having dinner tonight."

"Alright. Have fun while I sit in my bed alone watching sad romance movies." Ronin says.

"How about I ask her if you can tag along—"

"Robin?"

Robin's eyes widen, Steve's eyes widening and his lips pursing in shock. Robin slowly goes to turn around, seeing Vicki smiling at her and waving. Robin's eyes widen even more, her trying to find the words but they are not coming out right now. So she stands like a dear in the headlights, completely shocked and frozen.

Steve gives a tight awkward smile before subtly nudging Robin. "Hi!" Robin quickly gets out as soon as he nudges her.

"You alright?" Vicki softly laughs.

"Oh what me am I okay yeah I'm great I'm fine always okay!" She quickly rambles.

"Oh god." Steve says to himself.

Vicki laughs. "Well okay, it's good to see you. And sorry I didn't call I was just insanely busy but...here I am."

"Here you are." Robin mentions nervously, Steve just fighting back an eye roll.

"This seems like a nice place to work." Vicki looks around. "Doesn't seem that busy too."

"Yeah since it is the start of the week but the weekends get crazy." Steve nods.

"Yeah well crazy." Robin agrees with a nod.

"I could see that." Vicki nods. "Steve how are you?"

"I'm good Vicki, it's nice to see you." Steve smiles.

"Nice seeing you too." Vicki says before turning her attention to Robin again. "Well...maybe when you get off work you could give me a tour here? And show me the best places to eat? I would really like to know since I most likely will be moving here."

Robin's eyes widen once again. "You're MOVING here?!" She questions shocked, Steve clearing his throat subtly and going to nudge her. "Oh right right yes of course you are moving here it's a beach and we are in Georgia you know?! Great beach of Georgia yay!"

Steve only just rolls his eyes while he shakes his head. "Oh Robin." He says to himself.

Vicki laughs. "You're funny. So...is that a yes?"

"Oh...I uhh..."

Steve nudges her again.

"Yes! Yes yes of course I'll show you around since I am...knowledgeable of the town." Robin smiles.