Chapter 44: I'll Surrender, oh my King

"I like this." Nancy says while she looks in the mirror, her nodding her head. "Do you like it?"

"I like everything you wear." Jonathan smiles at her, Nancy smiling back at him.

"I'm going to go check this out." Max says, putting the shirt over her arm.

"Okay." Suzie responds.

"Where did the boys go?" Eleven looks around.

"No clue." Max responds. "Probably to go get a snack."

"Guys." Robin goes over to them. "I love the mall but my feet are hurting and I did not choose to wear the right shoes. Can we go on and go after we eat?"

"Yeah I'm honestly ready to eat then go." Max says.

"Sounds good to me." Eleven says.

"Yeah same here." Suzie nods.

Max goes over to the checkout, her putting her stuff up on the counter and and leaning her forearm on the counter as the man rings up all of her things.

"How is your day today?" The man questions.

"Quite a day." Max responds simply. "Could I have the red white blue and black in separate bags? Makes it easier for me to hang up stuff when I get home?"

"Not a problem." He smiles. "Wow you are gorgeous."

"Thanks." She replies simply.

"I'm Roger." He introduces.

"Yeah I didn't ask for a name." Max shakes her head.

Roger laughs. "You're funny."

"That was a joke?" Max questions, her giving a look of confusion.

Roger laughs again. "Gorgeous and funny, perfect combo."

"Look dude you really don't want to flirt with me. In a normal situation I would say something smart or to completely scare you off but I'm not in the right mindset right now." Max tells him simply. "Plus my boyfriend carries a pocket knife everywhere he goes in his pocket and he went to jail for physically attacking a dumbass that was flirting with me so...yeah I wouldn't recommend it."

"Hey dude!" Nancy calls out, Roger looking over at her. "You're not her type anyway!"

Roger looks back at Max, her just shrugging her shoulders simply. He just gets done ringing up the last of her things. "One fifty."

Max is about to take out her wallet but she looks when a card is put on the counter, Max turning around to see Lucas behind her, one of his hands going to the small of her back while he goes to stand besides her.

Lucas quirks a brow at Roger when he glances a little at Max while swiping the card. "What are you looking at man?"

Roger looks over at Lucas, him clearing his throat a little. "Nothing....nothing not at all."

"Watch your eyes." Lucas says.

"Yeah..sorry."

Lucas rolls his tongue a little while looking at him, taking his card and the bags when Roger hands it to him.

"Alright we ready to eat?" Steve rubs his hands together.

"Yep let's go eat!" Nancy says in a deep tone, all of them leaving out of the store.

"Mamas." Lucas softly sings, his hands clasped behind him while he holds a bag behind him, him at the door of the store. Max turns to look at him, holding her bags in her hands. "Come here."