Chapter 23: Monday Sessions

Lucas slaps his hand on the alarm when it goes off, him already having a towel wrapped around his waist from the shower that he already took from getting up earlier, or really just sitting up for the whole night.

He rubs his eyes a little, feeling himself tired but when he tried to go to sleep he didn't get much sleep. The TV ran with a random channel playing on low volume, and all he did was watch whatever it was, him getting broken up hours of sleep from dozing off and waking back up.

He goes over to the small kitchen area, him going in the fridge and putting all of the fruits on the counter and beginning to cut it up, him putting all of the ingredients to the smoothie Max told him about and him putting it in the blender, him pouring it in his cup after he is done and going to drink some of it.

Lucas goes over to his closet, him picking out a pair of dark blue jeans that he got along with the rest of his jeans from the cleansers. He puts those on after his boxers, it actually feeling comfortable to him after dipping them up and buttoning them. He goes to put on a green long sleeved Hawkins High shirt, the letters being in white and his green sneakers.

He goes into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face, him going to grab his razor and shave his facial hair that is growing more than he likes, him seeing it lightly trimmed and feeling around it before he grabs his backpack, him going out of his apartment and making his way to his car.

Lucas parks in his normal parking spot, him yawning and drinking some of his drink before grabbing his backpack, putting one of the straps over his shoulder and going to make his way inside of the school, beginning to walk to his class.

He looks to his left when he feels a tap on his left shoulder, his eyebrows lifting in confusion when he doesn't see anyone there. He hears a small giggle, him turning to his right to see Eleven, smiling at him while holding a container. "Why do I fall for that every time?"

"Trust me I do too." Mike pats his left shoulder.

"Here." Eleven hands him the small container, her and Mike walking besides him.

"Thank you." Lucas takes the container.

"Hey guys!" Dustin greets with a smile, him and Will going over to them.

"Hey guys." Lucas says.

"You look kind of tired." Will directs at Lucas.

"Yeah I really didn't get any sleep last night." Lucas admits honestly.

"Everything okay?" Mike looks at him in concern.

"No it wasn't a nightmare or anything I just really couldn't sleep for some reason." Lucas responds. "I'm not to sure, but I will figure it out. Not alone of course."

"That's good." Eleven smiles.

"Maybe we can all do something today after school." Dustin proposes.

"I would but I meet with my mom and Max's after school." Lucas says.

"For what?" Mike questions.

"So....I guess for therapy?" He states it more as a question. "We are starting this new thinner every Monday I meet up with them....and Max."

"And Max huh?" Dustin smiles.

"No it isn't like that." Lucas shakes his head. "It's just a moment for me to release all of my feelings and try to dissect them so...that's why I wouldn't be able to hang out with you guys today after school. Well I actually could it just has to be after."

"Okay." Will nods his head. "But we're proud of you man."

"Thanks. And please don't feel just because I didn't tell you guys to come that I don't trust you all. It's just I have to get into it slowly then I'll start to bring you guys along." Lucas says.