Chapter 55: Court Trial

Lucas turns off the alarm as soon as the first beep is heard, him already being up for the past hour, seeing the clock read eight AM. Today marks the day that the court trial is occurring, and the past three weeks have been stressful.

Very stressful for Max and Susan especially. Lucas understands Max's anger and irritation, her being irritated for the whole three week waiting period. She gets irritated over every little thing but everyone has been understanding towards her and hasn't retaliated either. Lucas is thankful for that, him too not retaliating either in the situations.

Lucas looks at Max, her being on top of him sound asleep, her head being rested on his chest, her arms being wrapped around him. He hates to wake her but he knows he has to, because he knows she will be even more irritated if they were late.

"Mamas." Lucas whispers softly, him moving some of her hair from away from her face, Max grumbling a little. "It's time to get up. For the trial."

Max opens her eyes, her wiping her eyes while she sits up, covering her mouth as she yawns. "Mkay. Come on let's go. I don't want to be late."

"Okay." Lucas replies. "I'm just going to feed Lady and the puppy and I'll be right there okay?"

"Okay." Max responds.

Max strips down before getting in the shower and turning it to hot, putting her shower cap over her hair before she begins to shave and bathe, Lucas making his way inside of the shower, him beginning to bathe. "Thank you."

"For what?" Lucas questions.

"Everything." Max replies. "I know I have been a bitch for the past few weeks."

"The only bitch is the person we are about to find out who is doing this to your mother. Oh yeah and Neil, oh yeah and all of the rest of the stupid ass men who do these things to women." Lucas replies.

Max chuckles softly, Lucas smiling because of her smile he hasn't seen for the past few weeks. "You always know what to say."

"Course I do. I'm Lucas Sinclair." He smiles.

Max smiles back at him. She is glad he doesn't give the typical speech of 'it's all going to be okay' or 'you have nothing to worry about'. Because truth be told Max doesn't know if everything is going to be okay, and she is absolutely worrying her heart and her mind right now and she is glad that Lucas knows that, and she is glad he is trying to comfort her the best that he can throughout the situation without irritating her.

After they get some cleaning up they make their way out of the shower, them going to moisturize and brush their teeth and wash their faces. Max straightens her hair until it is bone straight down her back, her going to put on some light mascara and her lip gloss.

She goes over to her closet, picking out dark green high rise slacks that it is a little boot legged at the ankles, her putting them on and going to put on a dark green blouse, adjusting the collars down and buttoning up the buttons and tucking the blouse into her slacks, her putting on her heels.

Lucas comes out of his closet wearing black suit pants and a dark green buttoned up shirt, his sleeves being rolled up to his elbows with his first three buttons unbuttoned. "Ready?"

"Yeah." Max responds, her going to give a soft kiss to the puppy and Lady a kiss before leaving out with Lucas, them going downstairs.

"Hey we ready?" Mike questions, him Dustin and Will wearing a suit and tie while Eleven and Suzie wear dresses.

Max gives a look of confusion. "You guys know you all don't have to come right?"

"We know." Eleven replies.