Chapter 64: Supporting Each other

Max sits out on the steps while she looks at the sun beginning to go down more, her having the view of the houses in front of her and the sun being directly in the sky in front of her slowly going down, her hair softly blowing in the wind.

Max looks ahead of her with a content smile on her face, her already going by the store to use the phone to call the others to let them know to be there when Lucas and her get back. She has one final operation, one final one that she knows will be of remembrance, a remarkable operation she knows she will feel most proud of them her other operations combined.

Max looks over at the driveway when she sees Sue's car park in it, Max giving a little smile while Sue gets out of the car. "Hey misses Sinclair."

"Hey sweetie." Sue comments. "What are you doing out here all alone? Please don't tell me you and Lucas are arguing."

"Oh no not at all." Max assures. "I'm just giving him and Mister Sinclair time to talk to Erica."

"Ah." Sue nods, her going to sit down besides Max. "So how was it before I got here?"

Max smiles. "So Lucas wanted to help me on his little operation he was planning to try and grill out Darrin and I agreed, because you know....he helped me out when I wanted to spy on Christian."

"Oh goodness." Sue shakes her head with a laugh.

"Hey I had to be sure he was going to treat my mother right, and since Lucas has helped me astronomically plus been there for me I wanted to do the same for him, but it kind of went down before it even started." Max explains.

"How so?" Sue questions.

"I wasn't being truthful and neither were they." Max admits simply. "I mean even with contacts when I was interrogating him and my mom pulled me out of the restaurant she asked me what is really going on with me and then from there....I told the truth. I mean it's no harm done they didn't do anything wrong but...with these past operations as we call them we do them for good...but sometimes it just prevents us from speaking our true feelings."

Sue nods her head in understanding. "I know with Charles he is scared to see Erica grow up. She's already in High School now and she is getting to that age where she wants to be more independent. When she was a kid her and Charles were close. Of course they still are but you know. Plus with all that happened to them....we didn't even know until they told us."

Max nods. "With Lucas I feel like it is that but mostly the fact that he feels guilty that he wasn't there for Erica as much as he would have liked to be whenever she was going through her own troubles, so he is trying to...suffice for that."

"That makes sense." Sue nods. "How long have you been sitting out here?"

Max looks down at her watch. "About ten minutes."

"Let's go in there and see if they talked things out." Sue goes to stand up, Max going to stand up with her and them going to make their way back inside of the house, their eyebrows lifting in confusion when they see Charles tackling down Lucas and Erica cheering him on.

"This isn't fair!" Lucas states.

"One two three pin!" Erica slaps the floor.

"Wooo!" Charles stands up. "Old man my ass!"

Lucas just slumps down while looking at the ceiling, Erica and Charles going to give a high five to each other. "How is that even remotely possible?" He questions to himself.

"Well...." Max starts. "At least it isn't Erica and Lucas tackling down each other."

Sue shrugs her shoulders in response. "Yeah you're right." She says before she makes her way more inside of the house along with Max. "Charles why were you tackling our son?"