Chapter 51: Community Service

Max lets out a little groan and turns over as her alarm goes off, her turning off the alarm clock and looking at the time, seeing that it is six AM.

Max sighs out a little, she wishes she wasn't waking up this early on the weekend but she knows she has no choice to. Today marks the first day that she and the others go out to do community service, most of them deciding to do most of their hours on the weekends that way they can still go to work. Max knows it is about to be a very long month and she is going to be completely exhausted but she knows it is better than jail.

Max goes to get up quietly, her making sure she doesn't wake up Lucas. Lady raises up her head while looking at her with tired eyes, Max putting her index finger over her mouth. Lady lays her head back down, her stretching out on the bed before she falls back to sleep.

Max quietly goes to grab some leggings and a simple T shirt before she makes her way inside of the bathroom, her going to set down her clothes before she strips herself down, her going to make her way inside of the shower.

Max washes her hair before she begins to bathe, her looking over her shoulder a little when she feels arms wrap around her. "You didn't have to wake up this early." Max tells him.

"I felt you leave the bed." Lucas says back, him pulling her in closer and kissing her cheek. "I'm sorry you have to wake up this early."

"It's not your fault." Max replies. "But as soon as I get this done the better. It'll be okay."

"I'll bring you lunch okay?" Lucas says.

"That sounds good." Max replies while looking at him from over her shoulder, smiling softly at him. "Love you."

"Love you too." Lucas responds, going to kiss her softly. "Me Suzie and Dustin already planned getting on up to make you guys breakfast."

Max sighs contently with a smile, her closing her eyes. "Thank goodness. Thought I would have to rely on just fruits and breakfast bars to make me up to par."

"Well today you can rely on waffles and sausage, and everything in between." Lucas tells her.

"Sounds good." Max smiles before kissing him, Lucas going to kiss her back.

"I'm going to go on and start on breakfast." Lucas says after he bathes.

"Okay." Max replies, him going to get out of the shower after he is done. Max hangs in the shower for a little bit longer before she makes her way out, her going to moisturize and put on her clothes before brushing her teeth and washing her face, just putting her hair up in a neat bun before she makes her way downstairs.

"I'm so tired." Mike says, him sitting on the stool in front of the counter while Dustin and Lucas work on breakfast, Eleven and Will going to sit besides him.

"Mike you are our ride for the whole month since we all agreed to take off on the same days and work the same weekends." Max says simply while going to sit on the counter.

Mike just throws his hands up. "Why me?"

"No one else feels like driving." Eleven replies simply.

"I don't either!" Mike defends.

"Life's not all about you!" Max says back.

"Okay guys we know it is very early and lack of sleep causes irritation but breakfast is always proven to jolt up the body. It's the most important meal of the day." Suzie says while she cooks.

"God this is going to be the longest month ever." Will says while he slowly puts his hands through his hair, his head going to lay down on his arms.