Chapter 10: Relying on you

Lucas gets off of the treadmill, him being dressed in black shorts and a white muscle shirt, him going to his bag and going to down his water, him putting his bag over his shoulder.

"Lucas?"

Lucas looks back behind him, seeing Ilene make her way towards him. "Hello."

"Hey." Ilene smiles. "I didn't know you came to work out here."

"Yeah." Lucas responds, throwing his water bottle away. "I was just about to go, nice seeing you."

"Oh wait." Ilene smiles, taking his hand making him look back at her. "Wow...your hands are soft and warm."

Lucas takes his hand away from her. "Is there something you needed?"

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to hit up a restaurant with me?" Ilene proposes. "I have some coupons and I can't redeem all of them alone, well more like I can't eat the food all alone."

"Tonight is actually not good for me." Lucas says.

"Maybe tomorrow?" Ilene questions.

Lucas furrows his eyebrows at her. "Wait are you trying to ask me out on a date or something?"

Ilene shrugs her shoulders with a smile. "I mean...maybe."

"Look I don't know if I gave you the wrong impression but I'm not interested Ilene." Lucas deadpans making her face drop. "You're not her." He shakes his head, him going over to the door. "Goodnight." He says before he walks out.

Lucas goes over to his car, putting his bag in the passenger seat and closing the door behind him after getting in, him making the drive to the hotel.

When he gets there he grabs his bag and makes his way inside of the room, closing and locking the door behind him. He strips himself down and throws his clothes into the hamper, him going to take a cold shower. After he is done he lotions up and goes to put on some simple sweats and a muscle shirt, him going to brush his teeth and wash his face.

He makes his way out of the bathroom, him going to lay down on his bed and go to turn on the TV. The more he watches the show that he doesn't even know that is on TV the more he just feels himself go down more and more.

He misses Max and he misses her greatly. It would be so easy to make Bryan jealous and cause trouble but he doesn't want to go that route. It would be easy to just tell Max just all of the things he feels, he will explain some things but some things he knows he can't say because it will defy what he is trying to do.

He wants her here, he wants to just pull her closer to him, he wants to hug her, kiss her, love her, talk to her, he wants to do it all. He misses the way she would just hug him, it being times where they were just watching TV simply and she would just turn the TV off and just hug him, and he has loved those moments.

It hurts so much, and it makes him close his eyes slowly and his lips quiver a little. He tells himself to just hold in the tears but some days are harder then some and he doesn't know why but this day is particularly harder. He feels so vulnerable in this moment and he needs her, he needs her comfort because it is the best type of comfort. His heart feels like someone is tugging at it, a string wrapped around it and trying to pull it out of him and he hates it.

Lucas looks towards the door when a knock is heard on it, him going over to it and going to open the door quickly, his face dropping a little.

Susan looks at him with raised eyebrows. "Expecting someone else?"

Lucas sighs a little bit, him standing to the side and Susan coming in, him closing and locking the door. "No." He responds.

"Mhm." Susan hums simply. "I hear that you confessed to Max."