Chapter 39: Different Ideas

Max gets done wiping the counters at a table people just got up from, her being in her uniform of black high rise shorts and a white buttoned up long sleeved shirt, having the sleeves roll up to her elbows and buttoned up there and the first few buttons of the collared white buttoned up shirt undone, her long curly hair down her back and shoulders, her name tag on her right side.

Today makes the first day that everyone is working and Max is glad that she is catching on pretty quickly and getting in her own rhythm, Eleven and Suzie doing good as well.

"Hello how are we doing this afternoon?" Max questions simply, honestly not caring whatsoever but knowing that is what she has to say, her taking her small notepad and pen out of her back pocket and opening it up, looking at the two boys and two girls sitting at the table.

"Oh my goodness you're so pretty!" One of the girls compliment.

"Thanks." Max responds.

"Is that your natural hair color?" The other girl questions.

Max just gives a tight smile, her really wanting to say something she knows she cannot. "Yes it is. What can I get for you all?"

"What do you recommend?" The guy questions, smiling softly at Max.

Max gives another tight smile. "Look it's my first day and I only ate here once, the pasta is pretty good that's what I got."

"Which one?"

"The chicken and shrimp."

"So you're big on pasta?"

Max just looks at him. "So do you want the pasta or no?"

"Yeah I'll take it."

"Oh my god are you flirting with her?!" The girl exclaims while slapping his shoulders. "Seriously?!"

"I wasn't—" the guy tries, the girl already getting her stuff and leaving out. "Great."

"So you still want the pasta or what?" Max questions.

"Yes please." He responds.

"And for the both of you?"

Max gets done taking their orders before going over to the counter of terminals where Eleven and Suzie are, them looking at their notepads while putting the order in the terminal. "So I'm pretty sure I just caused relationship issues without me trying for a couple."

"What happened?" Suzie questions.

"The girl thought the dude was flirting with me because he was asking me questions about the menu." Max responds, going over to a terminal and beginning to put the order in. "Because that makes total sense."

"I got hit on by a old man, and I'm pretty sure he was married." Suzie mentions, her being in a black skirt and white shirt tucked into her skirt as well as Eleven, Max refusing to wear a skirt.

"I'm pretty sure I got hit on by a woman." Eleven mentions innocently.

Max just laughs. "Wow we are just to good looking people don't know what to do. But if you guys get to uncomfortable remember to tell Buster."

"Oh yeah Buster." Suzie smiles, looking over at the large man who looks around the restaurant wearing his uniform. "He looks very scary but he's so nice."

"I know. I really do hope someone makes me uncomfortable that way I can watch him beat them up and kick them out." Max smiles. "Okay let me go on and get this order out and we all can go on our lunch."

"Okay." Eleven responds as well as Suzie.

After they get done getting all the orders out and it becomes slower they all make their way upstairs to the break room, all of them going to sit at a round circular table and going to the refrigerator to get a drink out. "So is Lucas still bringing us lunch?" Eleven questions.