Chapter 47: The Dinner

Max makes her way out of the shower, her going to dry off and moisturize before wrapping her towel around her waist. She brushes her teeth and washes her face, going to flat iron her hair leaving it bone straight and going to put a french braid at the back, her going to put on some mascara and her lip gloss.

She goes over to her closet, going to put on her undergarments before she puts on some light blue high rise pants and a white and blue short sleeved shirt and a white jacket, going to put on her white high rise vans, looking at herself in the mirror in satisfaction.

Tonight makes the night that her Lucas Susan Christian and Lesley finally have the dinner, and honestly Max is completely ready for it.

She is ready to be difficult.

Max looks towards the door when she sees Lucas make his way inside. "Hey there stalker."

"Hey mamas." Lucas responds, him going to stretch out a little and pop his back. "Yeah that's better."

"Did a lot of moving today?" Max goes over to him.

"Yeah Mondays are the busiest." Lucas responds.

"Yeah our jobs are definitely more fast paced then Marketplace and Tools."

"Yeah definitely."

Max smiles, her hands running up and down his arms. "So I'm going to go over to my moms real quick to get my chainsaw because I left it there."

"Oh god." Lucas rolls his eyes.

"Oh whatever I need it!" Max defends. "Then I'll be back and we can head out, we are actually eating where I work so there's that. I'm not telling contacts that people I know get half off I'm making him pay full price."

Lucas laughs while shaking his head. "Alright."

"And I'll drive us, I know you are tired."

"Tired and hungry, ready to eat."

"Alright well go on and get a shower, I won't be long."

"Okay mamas." Lucas responds before he kisses her softly. "Love you."

"Love you too." Max kisses him back before she makes her way out of the house, her going in the car and going to drive over to Susan's place.

"Oh my god I think Jerry is about to break up with him." Sue says, her and Joyce being seated on the edge of Susan's bed while they pay close attention to the TV.

"You both are suppose to be helping me pick out a outfit." Susan mentions.

"Yeah that one looks good." Joyce says while still looking at the TV.

"I have nothing in my hand Joyce." Susan crosses her arms.

"Oh."

Susan rolls her eyes, her going over to the phone. "I need Max, you guys are no help."

"No no we'll help. Let me just get some more wine." Joyce says, her leaving out of the room and going over to the kitchen.

"So." Sue smiles while leaning on the bed. "You and Christian."

Susan just tries to hide in her smile while she rummages through her closet. "Yeah."

"Just yeah?" Sue says. "Come on give me some details how did the date last week go?"

Susan lets out a little sigh while turning to face Sue, her holding a shirt. "I may have done a thing."

Sue raises her eyebrows a little. "What thing?"

Joyce looks towards the door when a knock is heard on it, her going over to the door and going to open it. "Hey Max!"

"Hey misses Byers." Max greets, making her way inside of the house. "Where's my mother at?"