Chapter 19: What has to be done

Max turns over when her alarm goes off, her going to turn it off and lay on her back on the bed, her sighing out and rubbing her face while she closes her eyes.

She honestly does not feel like it today, she really doesn't. The past few weeks after the apartment warming party for Lucas have been...different she must say. She doesn't feel well, in fact she doesn't feel at all, this heavy feeling constantly in her heart.

She wants to stay home but she knows she can't, she doesn't want to get behind especially since it is only just a few more months until school ends and she graduates and she is finally done with it. Lucas has been nothing but considerate towards her, assuring her everyday that she can talk to him, and that he is here for her no matter what.

Max sighs again, her ripping the covers away from herself and going into the bathroom, her stripping down and going to take a shower. Twenty minutes earlier then her regular schedule she always gets up now. Why? She really doesn't know, or maybe she just doesn't want to admit it yet. She does more than what she normally does in the morning, her shaving everywhere, using her scrub multiple times and bathing multiple times in her scented body wash, putting her conditioner in her hair and washing it off after a few minutes.

She dries off and moisturizes when she gets out, blow drying her hair and going to put it in a neat bun at the top of her head with a few strands hanging free. She goes to brush her teeth and wash her face, her applying her light eyeshadow and her mascara on her top and bottom lashes, her going over to her closet and opening the door.

Max moves her mouth a little while she looks through her selections, her going for her ocean blue leather long sleeved body suit shirt, buttoning it up in the bottom before putting on her high rise black jeans over it, buttoning up the three buttons. She zips up the shirt up to where some of her cleavage shows, her going to apply some of her chapstick and lip gloss before she goes to put her backpack strap over her shoulder, grabbing her tape player and headphones.

"You want to stay here?" Max questions, Lady looking at her while yawning, her being laid out in Max's bed. "You can stay. I'll get you some food come on." She motions, going to let Lady outside before putting some food and water in her bowl, her beginning to eat.

Max grabs a snack bar before making her way out of the house, her locking it and getting into her car. She goes to drive to school, her yawning and tapping her thumbs against the wheel, lightly humming to the music.

When Max pulls into her parking space she goes to put her headphones over her ears, putting her in her Kate Bush tape and beginning to play the song while leaving out of the car, her going to walk to the doors.

"Max!"

Max turns around, seeing Dustin running over to her. "I forget how much of a morning person you are."

"Well today is a very good day for me and the days to come. Did I tell you Suzie will be coming to Georgia with us?" Dustin questions.

"Yes you did." Max nods.

"Well since I'm super excited I made a welcome card." He says before taking out the colorful trifold card.

"This is actually really neat." Max smiles, her going to look at it.

"Right?!" Dustin says before giving her the pen. "You can you just write a little note on there for her and sign. I just want her to feel as welcome as possible."

"Sure thing." Max says before she takes the top off the pen, her beginning to write. "Hello there Suzie, welcome...." She writes. "...sorry I didn't believe that you actually existed. From Max." She says before she signs, handing Dustin the note with a smile. "There you go."