Chapter 26: A Question

Smiles.

That is what has been happening to Max for the past weeks that has been passing by quite quickly, it getting closer and closer to the end of senior year. That makes her excited plus the time she has had with Lucas.

As the days pass Max can see the relief growing more, the more he is getting more happier as he deep dives into his past and finds his triggers, find what is bothering him and why specific nightmares come at specific times, why sometimes he gets down and why he feels certain things. The sessions have been going well, him slowly but surely bringing everyone at the sessions that way they can have a part.

Max can tell he is opening up more and more, the way he is just being now just...himself. Max can see that it is his true self, that the more the days pass the more he is getting there and he is working hard. It is even to a point where he is able to sleep alone again, so Max has been not spending the night as much because she wants him to see how he is able to get sleep alone, as well as him.

All in all the weeks have been going by very well, and when Max sees Lucas better it makes her feel better, it brings a smile to her face as well as everyone else.

Max gathers her things and puts her stuff in her bag before putting her backpack strap over her shoulder, turning up her music as she begins to walk through the hallway. The constant signs of dances and proms hang up on the walls. Freshman prom was a month ago, sophomore prom was three weeks ago, junior prom was a couple weeks ago and now senior prom....

Is this week.

And the constant signs hanging up and the girls acting all crazy about it is getting on her nerves. All day she has been hearing who they hope asks them out or who already asks them out and how they put on makeup during class and their fake high pitched laughs.

It makes her roll her eyes every single time.

"Hello!" The girl waves politely at Max. "Take a flyer!"

Max takes the flyer. "What is it?"

"The great tour of the senior prom! We're having it at the Hawkins Stadium!" She cheers.

Max rolls her eyes, her just giving the girl back the flyer and walking away, making the girl look at her with a confused expression.

"Max!"

Max stops and turns around, seeing Dustin make his way to her. "What?"

"Have you seen these flyers?!" Dustin exclaims happily while looking through the flyer. "This prom is about to be amazing!"

"You are going to it?" Max questions.

"Well yeah duh, it's the party of the year right now." Dustin says. "Plus it'll be fun, I wish I could bring Suzie poo with me."

Max just shakes her head. "So she lets you call her that?"

"Yeah she loves it." Dustin responds.

"That pour girl." Max mumbles to herself.

"Huh?"

"Oh nothing." Max responds.

"So are you going to prom?" Dustin questions.

Max only just laughs, her restarting her tape and looking over at Dustin who holds a confused expression. "Oh you were being serious."

"Yeah." Dustin responds. "You're not coming with us?"

"Max!" Eleven cheers with a smile, her running over to her. "Look it's a ambient theme for prom all neon lights!" She says while looking at the flyer. "What are you and Lucas colors going to be? Me and Mike are going in white and red."