Chapter 27: Prom Night

Lucas makes his way inside of his apartment, him going to close and lock the door behind him, lightly fanning the muscle shirt he has on to cool off his sweaty body after his workout.

After he strips himself down and throws his clothes in the hamper he goes to wrap a towel around his waist, him going over to his phone when it rings, him picking it up and putting it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Lucas!" Sue answers. "It's prom night yay!"

Lucas smiles while shaking his head. "Yeah mom it is."

"So did you ask Max?"

Ah yes....Max.

After Lucas popped the question a few days ago and after she told Lucas she would think about it he hasn't gotten an answer yet from her, it has all been radio silent about the subject. She still talks to him normally but whenever the subject is brought up she always just draws away from it, either telling Lucas she is still thinking about it or divert the subject altogether.

And although Lucas doesn't push it, he still awaits an answer.

"I did and I don't know if she is coming, she said she was going to think about it." Lucas responds.

"Oh Lucas....I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Lucas responds. "I'm going to go over there to see if she wants to or not. If she doesn't then....it's okay, I don't want to push her, but I figured it was worth a shot to ask."

"Well regardless I am proud of you baby, and I want you to have a good time."

"Thanks mom. I'm going to get ready now, love you."

"Love you too baby."

Lucas hangs up the phone, him going to the bathroom and going to get in the shower, beginning to bathe himself. He can't lie and say the reply didn't make him go down a little because it did, because now he knows most likely Max is not going to come to prom and he knows if that is the case then it is just going to be kind of awkward for him to go.

He knows it is going to be girls asking him to dance or to hang out that he is constantly going to deny, but he tells himself he will suffer through it because he already told the others he would be coming and he doesn't want to change the plans.

So Lucas just tells himself to have as much fun as he can. After Lucas gets done showering he goes to get out of the shower and dry off and lotion up, him slipping on his boxers and going to open up his closet.

He takes out the suit he saved a lot of money for to buy. He starts by putting on the black suit pants, going to button them up then him going to put on his black fancy buttoned up suit along sleeved shirt, him going to roll up the sleeves to his elbows and button it up, tucking the shirt into his pants. He next puts the ocean blue tie on, him looking in the mirror as he puts it on. He next puts on his ocean blue vest, him going to button it up.

Lastly Lucas puts on his belt and his black polished shoes, him looking at himself with a soft smile. He goes to brush his teeth and wash his face, looking at the damp look of his hair and the little curls at the top.

Lucas goes back into his room to grab his keys and put them in his pocket, him going to grab a small little blue square box and put it in his pocket as well before making his way out of the door, him getting in his car and beginning to drive.

Lucas pulls in the driveway, him making his way out of the car and going to the door, going to ring the doorbell, him tapping his foot a little against the ground while he waits, his hands being in his pockets.

Max opens the door after a minute, Lucas seeing her dressed in her night clothes with her hair up. "Oh wow..." Max looks at him with a smile. "You look good, you look handsome."