Chapter 50: Was all worth it

"Come on get in here." The cop motions, him standing besides the door and going to motion all of them in.

Nancy and the others make their way inside of the police station, Nancy and Max specifically trying to fight back eye rolls. "Great. Now I'm back here." Nancy says.

"You were here before?" Max questions.

"It's a long story." Nancy shakes her head.

"Hey wait!" Max exclaims out, watching as two cops puts her chainsaw in a box. "What are you doing that is mine?!"

"You used a dangerous weapon on property that wasn't yours." The cop says.

"Oh come on it's not like I tore through the guy! Plus I paid for that unless you plan on reimbursing me get your hands off!" Max says.

"Max." Eleven says. "It won't work."

"You will not be getting this back." The cop says.

"Then you owe me nine hundred bucks plus shipping and sales tax!" Max states firmly.

"Would this situation go by a little better if we told you the man's house we destroyed was cheating on his wife?" Robin tries with a smile.

The two cops just look at her with a dumb expression. "No it won't."

"Of course it won't because you all are probably cheating on your wives too!" Nancy says.

"Nancy." Jonathan puts his hands on her shoulders, pulling her back a little.

"Why does it seem like it is always you guys?" Powell questions while he makes his way out of the office, him wearing the chief badge on his uniform. "It was constant craziness when you all were here then radio silence when you all left now back to craziness, and it is you guys."

"Again." Callahan adds in.

"You guys should just do nothing about it like you all always did." Nancy says while giving a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah I don't think we should be talking to them like that because you know....they're cops." Steve whispers.

Lucas Dustin Suzie and Holly make their way inside of the station, Suzie holding Holly. "Guys?"

Max looks over at Lucas, Lucas going over to her and hugging her. "We're fine, despite the fact they are taking away my chainsaw you guys clearly didn't pay for!" She motions towards the cops taping up the box that her chainsaw is in.

"Will they be facing...punishment?" Dustin questions.

"You guys wouldn't happen to be there right?" Powell questions.

Dustin and Lucas both look at each other, Lucas putting his hands in his pockets. "No we weren't." Dustin lies. "We were earlier but that was for us to pick up Holly and take her somewhere to eat. Right Holly?" Dustin smiles at Holly.

"Yeah!" Holly cheers. "They got me pizza!"

"Yeah pizza." Dustin smiles.

Powell nods, him going to write in his little notebook. "So you weren't there either?" He motions towards Lucas.

"Didn't he just say we went to get Holly?" Lucas questions back, his glare clearly evident while looking at Powell. "I see you still don't listen."

Max's eyes widen, her pursing her lips to try and hide the smile that crosses her face. She looks between Lucas and Powell, seeing how Lucas glares at him while Powell stares at him.

"That shouldn't be the way you talk to me son." Powell says.

"He just meant that he was in the same place I was." Dustin smiles. "It was me him and her."