Chapter 52: Magical Relief

Max yawns as she makes her way inside of the house along with Mike Eleven and Will, all of them having a look of complete exhaustion as they do.

It has been five weeks, and today makes the last day that Max is finally done with her community service, Jonathan and Will still having to spend another week there but everyone else being completed with theirs as well.

"I'm praying for you Will." Mike pats his shoulder.

Will laughs. "Thanks guys but the next week won't be as bad because we got the heavy stuff done today."

"That is true." Eleven nods.

"I'm glad that'll make things easier for you and Jonathan then." Max says.

"Hey guys!" Dustin says with a smile, Suzie coming to greet them as well. "Wow you all smell horrible."

"Yes Dustin thank you." Max rolls her eyes.

"Gardening is harder than I thought." Eleven says, her smelling her under her arms and scrunching up her face a little. "I don't think I have ever...been sweaty like this and that's saying something considering I've been on my own some of the time."

"I'm sorry guys." Suzie mentions. "The good news is that Lucas is making his famous enchiladas for you guys, beef and chicken. He just ran by the store to get more sauce since we ran out."

"Okay. That sounds good." Max replies, her going to crouch down and begin to pet Lady.

"Yeah that sounds good. But first I need a shower." Mike says.

"Yeah me too." Will says.

"Yeah I smell like weeds. Or maybe just weed." Max says, her shrugging her shoulders before she goes upstairs.

"I just smell." Eleven mentions simply, her going to go upstairs.

"Poor things." Suzie says.

"Hey at least most of them are done, Will and Jonathan just have a week left and they are done too." Dustin says.

"Yeah you're right. Plus they'll feel better when they eat." Suzie says back. "They just look exhausted."

"Yeah they do." Dustin nods.

"But you must admit the house has been a lot more quiet at night." Suzie mentions. "No....like you know...."

"Oh my god you are so right!" Dustin mentions with a smile. "Yeah that has been nice."

"Yeah." Suzie smiles. "Do you want to get some of the enchiladas before Lucas gets here?"

"Yep!"

Max closes the door to the room, her going in the jar and giving Lady a bone and letting her chew on it before Max strips herself down and gets in the shower. She stays in the shower for a long time, spending this time to wash her hair multiple times and to shave all over and bathe herself over and over, finally feeling clean after twelve hours.

Max makes her way out of the shower, going to dry off her body and hair before moisturizing her hair and blow drying it, her just putting it up in a neat bun at the top of her head after combing it out. She moisturizes her body before she puts on her undergarments, deciding to go in Lucas closet and wear one of his hoodies and some night shorts of hers and some ankle socks.

Max looks towards the door when it opens, Lucas making his way inside and closing the door. "Hey mamas." Lucas smiles.

Max smiles, her going over to him and hugging him. "Hey." Lucas hugs her tightly with a smile, him softly swaying her from side to side. "Is it weird that I've missed you despite us still seeing each other everyday?"