Chapter 3: Understanding Spectrums

Lucas grabs all of his things when the bell rings, him putting all of his things in his backpack before he makes his way out of the classroom, him beginning to walk through the hallways.

Ever since last night Mike and the others has made no move to talk to him, and honestly Lucas cannot blame them for that, he gets their anger and understands why they are angry at him. He makes no move to talk to them either, giving them the space that they clearly want.

He ignores the different stares sent his way as he goes through the hallway, him going over to his locker and going to open it. He looks down at the floor when something folded falls out of the locker, him going to pick it up and open it.

He sees that it is the pictures that he got for Max of them, that he encouraged her to put in her locker. He looks down a little, him looking around the hallway before he looks back at the picture. He sees her big smile while she is on his back, how happy she is, how her whole face lights up while she smiles.

Lucas takes a little breath, him going to fold the pictures back up and set it back in the locker. He goes into his backpack, beginning to put some of his books in the locker. He looks at the inside of the locker door of the pictures he has taped down on it, it being a total of eight pictures, it being a total of eight memories that he holds dear to his heart along with others.

He leaves them there, him putting more things in his locker before he goes to close it, him making his way inside of his classroom and going over to the teacher. "Sir."

"Yes Lucas?" The teacher questions.

Lucas takes out the packet of worksheets, him going to give it to the teacher. "I finished it all."

The teacher looks up at him with furrowed brows before taking the packet, him looking through it to see the completed work. "Wow I...you know you didn't have to finish this all in one night Lucas."

"I just decided to." Lucas responds. "Am I caught up in this class now?"

The teacher nods his head. "Yeah you are. You are now with the rest of the class, I'll enter in your grades later today."

Lucas nods, him going over to his seat and going to take out his things, the bell soon enough ringing.

"Okay guys, we are working on the worksheet from yesterday in your partners." The teacher says, giving Lucas the worksheet. "And Lucas since you don't have one...." He says while looking around the room, everyone going to lightly turn away a little and look towards their partner. "Max."

Max looks up from writing. "Huh?"

"Lucas you can go back there with her. Max if you could help Lucas with the assignment. Alright everyone get started." The teacher says before going back to his desk.

Lucas looks down a little, him getting up from the desk after a minute and going in front of the teachers desk. "Sir I understand the assignment. I can work solo."

"It's a partner assignment." The teacher mentions simply while he grades papers.

"I understand that but....Max prefers working solo and so do I...I just think in order to prevent...things from happening we just work solo." Lucas says.

The teacher looks up at Lucas. "Or you both can realize this is a partner assignment and go on and get to work." The teacher responds before he looks at his watch on his wrist. "You guys just have under forty minutes, get to work."

Lucas sighs a little, him grabbing his things and slowly going over to Max, Lady already wagging her tail and going over to him. Lucas sits down besides her, him petting Lady softly while he puts down his things, Lady putting her two front paws on his thigh and bringing her nose close to his. "Hey girl, hey." Lucas smiles softly, him giving her a little kiss on her nose and rubbing her, her leaning her head on his chest.