Chapter 11: Memories and Feelings

"What?" Max question in a dumb tone, her arms being crossed while she looks at Mike who stands in front of her, him holding a piece of printed paper with a typed contract on it and a pen in his other hand.

"What do you mean what I just said." Mike says.

"Why do I need to sign a contract?" Max questions in a 'seriously' tone.

"Why are you so against it?" Mike questions back.

"Okay Wheeler you seriously need to take a chill pill cone on calm down." Steve says.

"No!" Mike says. "Like I said last week I will not digress until you sign this contract and do the party handshake."

"Okay first of all Mike I'm not shaking your hands that you all spit on." Max says.

"That's the party handshake way!" Mike defends.

"And second I made a promise to El saying that I wouldn't tell anybody. Mike I want her to live a normal life too, she has been through so much and there's no way I'm going to ruin that! She's my friend I wouldn't out her like that." Max counters.

"Great, glad we feel the same way." Mike says before handing her the contract. "All you have to do is sign."

"Mike get over yourself." Max states simply.

"Seriously man she already said she made a promise to El. El herself." Jonathan points the spatula at Mike.

"Then why won't you put the proof in writing huh?!" Mike says to Max. "Hey!"

Nancy snatches the paper from Mike, her going to tear it up and throw it in the trash before going over to Jonathan.

"Rude!" Mike comments.

"Mike just....calm down man." Will says.

Eleven and Hopper laugh as they make their way inside of the house. "Your singing is terrible." Eleven says.

"My singing is amazing." Hopper says before looking at everyone. "Hello people that seems like they live here now. Hello!"

"Hey!"

"Hello!"

"Hi!"

"Jonathan what are you making son?" Hopper questions.

"Burgers." Jonathan responds. "Want one?"

"Yes please." He responds, going to put a cigarette in his mouth. "Where's Lucas?" He looks around.

"Working." Dustin responds.

"This is the only day you guys have off school and he's working?" Hopper questions.

"That's Lucas." Will responds. "I mean plus I can't blame him. He's been out of work since....well jail."

"Yeah that's true." Hopper says. "So are you guys back together or what?" He motions towards Max.

"Uhhh....no." Max responds. "I have a boyfriend."

"You do?" Hopper questions. "She has a boyfriend?" He whispers at Eleven.

Eleven nods her head simply. "Bryan."

"Do we like Bryan?"

"No."

"Oh okay." Hopper whispers back before giving Max a smile. "Oh well happy for you and Bryan."

"And Dad." Eleven turns to Hopper. "Max knows....about everything."

Hopper chews on his apple while looking at her. "I thought she already did." He chews.

"So would you agree she would have to sign a contract proving El's secret will be kept secret?" Mike questions.