Chapter 16: Explanations

"What the hell is going on?!"

The question that is ringing in Sue's mind as she looks at Susan and Lucas, Max and Erica still standing by the door. She looks between all of them with the exception of Erica, her mainly looking between Susan and Lucas who stand besides her.

After a few seconds of silence Max puts her hands up. "I know nothing." She shakes her head.

"I can honestly say that I know nothing either." Erica shrugs with her arms crossed. "But based on how my brother looks like he is about to crap his pants I would like to know." She smiles, her leaning a little towards Max. "So you really don't know what's going on?" She whispers.

"Like I said I'm a innocent bystander." Max whispers back. "I totally didn't tell him that my mother would be talking to yours about a specific thing. Totally didn't happen." She shakes her head.

Sue looks between Susan and Lucas with crossed arms. "I'm waiting."

"Mom—"

"Lucas hush." Susan interrupts, her talking to Susan.

"Please don't." Lucas shakes his head.

"Please don't what?!" Sue exclaims.

"I was visiting Lucas in jail while he was in there for the six months he was in there." Susan mentions simply. "He never blocked me from the visitation list.

Both Sue and Erica's eyes widen in shock, Lucas sighing a little while closing his eyes and Erica looking at Lucas before turning to Max, Max just looking aimlessly to the side.

"What?" Sue grits out.

"Mom—"

"Hush!" Sue motions towards Lucas, him sighing out. "You were what?"

"I was seeing him." Susan says again.

Sue just looks at Susan with a confused and angered expression, her completely taken aback. "So all of this time you have been seeing my son without even telling me?!" She yells.

"Did you know about this?" Erica turns to Max.

"Okay that doesn't matter." Max shakes her head. "Misses Sinclair I understand your anger however but my mother was just helping him."

"Max..." Both Susan and Lucas warn at the same time.

"No." Max shakes her head, her turning back to look at Sue. "Actually I retract that back I don't understand your anger because I'm not a mother, but I do understand that a strong willed loyal mother takes care of her children which is what you and my mother are. My mother wasn't doing this to betray your trust, she was just trying to help him, just like he helped her when I was in rehab."

"Max—"

"So I don't see the reason of you getting mad at her in my opinion." Max says.

"Max!" Susan exclaims, her sighing out in frustration. "Just go wait outside."

"But—"

"Now!" She points at the door.

"Or I can just stand here?" Max proposes, Susan just glaring at her. "I'll be outside." She says before she goes over to the door and leaves out of it.

"I'm imagining this is about to get real awkward real quick so I'm just going to pretend like you kicked me out too." Erica says before she leaves out of the door.

"Lucas if you could give your mother and I some privacy." Susan says.

"Please listen to me." Lucas says.