Chapter 57: Godsends Existent

"You see here?" The doctor points at the X ray. "Looks like he fractured his index middle and ring finger during contact, that is what is causing the swelling, bones are just a little bit out of position, but nothing a cast cannot fix."

Lucas breaths out in relief. "So it will heal accordingly right?"

"Correct. It is not even broken just fractured, so you will heal just fine." The doctor replies. "I have to wrap this cast tightly around your hand though. It is going to hurt."

"Okay." Lucas responds.

Max takes a long sip of her water, her licking her dry lips while letting the water pour into the empty cup, her going to down the water once again. Her head pounds a little, her rubbing her forehead a little while she downs another cup of water.

Max looks to her side when a hand rubs her back, Eleven smiling softly at her. "I saw how you tripped the idiots."

Eleven smiles more. "Wished I could have done more."

"That was more than enough." Max responds.

"Hey." Nancy and Robin go on the other side of her, Mike Dustin Suzie Steve and Jonathan going to stand around her as well.

"Hey guys." Max responds. "Look I know today was...much. You all don't have to pity me or my mom okay?"

"It's not pity Max it's...." Nancy tries.

"We just...we don't know what to think." Steve replies.

"I'm so sorry Max." Robin cries softly.

"It isn't your fault Robin." Max responds. "It isn't any of you alls fault okay? None."

"I know I...it's just so much." Robin shakes her head. "No one deserves to go through that."

Max nods her head. "I just have to be there for my mom. I mean guys I remember that night, I remember it. She...she played it off so well, and I know that took so much for her to do, so much."

Max looks over at Susan, seeing her drink a little of her water with her arms crossed, Joyce and Karen standing in front of her and them talking to each other.

"She's so strong." Suzie mentions.

"She is." Max nods. "But I have to be there for her now, strong for her now, because right now I can see it." Max says while looking at her. "She is tired of being strong."

"We'll give you you alls time." Mike nods.

"Thanks. And thank you all for being here today, it means a lot." Max states.

"You're welcome."

"We're here for you Max."

"We are."

Susan gets done drinking the last of her water, her head hurting and her eyes holding tiredness and exhaustion. "And once again...Lucas was there to save us both." Susan mentions, her looking aimlessly ahead of her. "Maybe godsends still do exist."

"They do Susan, they are just hard to find." Karen replies.

Susan looks over at Joyce. "How did you find yours?"

"That's the thing you don't find it, you let it come to you." Joyce responds.

Christian makes his way besides Susan, going to hand her two more cups of water. "I got it from the doctors lounge they let me, this water out here taste like dish washer shit." He mentions, all of them softly smiling. "I'm going to give these cups to Max." He motions towards the cups in his hands, him going to walk away.

Susan looks at how Christian softly taps Max's shoulder, her turning to him and him giving her the cups, taking them with a soft smile and going to drink them before he walks away. "Thanks."