Treasures All Around

Valerie, Tech, and Cid all walked into the parlor. Wrecker and Omega went out searching for some food. Hunter and Echo were sitting at the bar, drinking. Phee was telling a story to some of the regulars.

"Who opened my bar?" Cid exclaimed and Hunter pointed to Phee. She put her hands up and stormed into her office.

"Where have you all been?" Hunter asked.

"I don't know if you want us to answer that." Valerie said.

"Well where's Wrecker and Omega now?" Echo asked.

"Out looking for something to eat." Tech said.

Wrecker and Omega walked in through the doors. "Mission accomplished!" Wrecker said, eating Mantell Mix, their favorite snack.

"That's not all!" Omega cheered. "I found this." Omega put an object on the table. Valerie picked it up and was studying it. "What is it?" She asked.

Valerie was about to respond but Phee walked over and snagged the device from Valerie. She was about to retort but Tech put a hand on her shoulder. "Let the expert take a look." Phee said. She opened one of the disks. "These look like coordinate markings."

Valerie folded her arms. "Coordinate markings?" Omega said, intrigued.

Phee waved her droid over. "Mel, take a look at this." The power droid wobbled over. She held the disk up and the droid shined a light through it. It glowed purple. "I was right. This is a compass. One from long before our time." Phee's droid beeped. "These coordinates are in the Kalder Trinary System."

Tech was on his data pad and it beeped. Valerie looked over his shoulder. "I have no record of that system." He said.

"Because the best treasures usually aren't found on maps." Phee stated and Valerie rolled her eyes.

"There's treasure there?" Omega asked.

"Without a doubt." Phee said. "This compass is a rare find. You've got a good eye."

"Let's go check it out!" Omega jumped excitedly. "You heard Phee."

Hunter crossed his arms. "She says a lot of things."

"I can go alone and take the spoils for myself." Phee shrugged, "or we go together and split it 50-50." She put a hand on Omega's shoulder and handed her the compass back

"Please Hunter! What if there really is treasure there?" Omega begged.

"Yea, we finished our missions." Wrecker added.

"It could be fun." Omega said.

"Last time we went after treasure, it didn't go as planned." Echo mentioned.

"You weren't working with a professional then." Phee said. "What do you say?"

Hunter turned to Valerie, he could tell something was bothering her. "Well, Val. What do you think?"

"Me?" Valerie asked.

"Yea, should we do it?" Hunter said.

"Please Val! Please!" Omega said, Valerie sighed and nodded to Omega and Hunter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Marauder, Valerie was leaning on a wall, near the bridge with Hunter. He was twirling his knife. "You okay?" Hunter asked her.

Valerie turned towards him, she just realized she was staring at Omega and Phee. "Yea, I'm fine. I just need to go clear my head." She got off the wall and made her way into her room. She sat on the bed when someone knocked. "Come in Tech." She called.