The Hard Truth

Hunter climbed on board of the Marauder. He and Wrecker were stuck on Pabu while they waited for Echo to reach back out to them with more potential leads. Wrecker was eating in the bridge when Hunter walked over to him.

"Still nothing?" Wrecker asked as food flew from his mouth.

"Nope." Hunter stated.

"Mhmm." Wrecker nodded.

Hunter looked at his brother. He had something else on his mind. "What else are you thinking?" He asked him.

Wrecker finished his bite. "Have you thought about watching that final recording?"

"I don't know if we can handle it." Hunter stated.

"But... aren't you curious?" Wrecker asked.

Hunter paused, of course he was. As much as he was anxious to know he was just as curious. "I am." Hunter slowly nodded.

"So... Together, we'll watch it." Wrecker said.

"Are you sure?"

"I need to know what happened, Hunter."

Hunter nodded in agreement. He grabbed the data pad and Tech's goggles. He got the last recording up and paused. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as you are." Wrecker said.

Hunter hit play.

Tech was looking at Valerie who was looking up into the clear blue sky. Starfighters could be heard coming down on them. "Tech let's go, now!" Tech used the grappling hook and made it back to Valerie.

"Right behind you." Tech said. The two of them started running on the rail line.

"Tech hurry up!" Valerie yelled at him. Hunter and Wrecker saw they were almost above the rail car when the starfighters fired from above. The hinge was hit and broke, causing the two of them to slip. Valerie was the first to land on the rail car followed by Tech. Valerie was right by his side. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm alright." Tech said.

When they stood up, the rail car groaned and started falling. "Hang on!" Valerie yelled as she grabbed the rail car but Tech stumbled backwards and off the rail car. "Tech!" She screamed as he barely managed to shoot his cable gun and attach it to the rail car.

"I'm still here!" Tech yelled to her.

Valerie paused and looked around. "Tech, you need to climb up!" Panic set in for her. Tech knew this.

"Do not be afraid Val." He reassured her.

"Come on guys! Hurry!" Wrecker sparked into the comms.

"I am climbing as fast as I can." Tech responded. Blaster fire from the other rail car could be overheard. The rail cars they were on started becoming unbalanced.

"Wrecker get them on board!" Hunter demanded.

Valerie had looked up to Wrecker as he tried to get on the other rail car. "Wrecker no!"

"No!" Tech yelled at the same time. "Any shift in weight could send both of these cars over." The rail cars were shot at again, more damage being done.

"Tech, what do we do?" Valerie asked.

"Val, you have to get up there. Use the force and get to the others." He told her.

"No!" She yelled back. "Not without you!"

Tech was silent for a moment. "Wrecker, you must sever the connection hinge. Now!"