His Memories

Hunter was alone in the pilot's seat. Wrecker was snoring away behind him as the two were checking another planet for clues on Omega's whereabouts. Omega had been gone for about three months now. They weren't having much luck but he wasn't giving up without a fight. He was going to find Omega, but his thoughts were currently elsewhere as they flew through hyperspace.

You're lying. He records everything. It's a hobby, you know this! You can find out what happened but you are scared to find out you failed them. The words of the little girl stuck in Hunter's mind, and the worst part is. She's right. He thought. The orange cracked goggles sat in his hand. They still had ways to go before they reached their destination. Hunter took a deep breath. Wrecker's snores echoed from the back.

Hunter plugged the data-pad cord into Tech's goggles and powered on the tablet. It took a little longer because the goggles were damaged but he found a sub-category titled: Valerie.

"This seems the best place to start." Hunter mumbled and tapped it. The first recording started automatically playing after that.

The recording started with Tech landing the Marauder, clear as day he was wearing his goggles. Wrecker and Crosshair could be heard bickering behind him and Hunter who worked on landing the ship.

"Wait?" Hunter questioned as he recalled the memory himself. "Is this... the first time we met Valerie?" He continued watching.

"Hunter? Why are we now receiving a Jedi?" Tech asked. "We've never needed one before."

"The Jedi Counsel thinks it's a good idea for this one to work with a different squad." Hunter said.

"But why our squad?" Tech continued. "There must be better options for this Jedi than... us. We are not the most cooperative."

Hunter shrugged. "I don't know. Master Kenobi thinks they're a good fit for us."

"How do any of us know that?" He questioned. "We don't know who he is as he doesn't know who we are. Jedi have a code, a code we don't always follow."

"I guess you can ask the Jedi yourself then." Hunter stood up and Tech followed behind. "Listen up, now I know the Jedi isn't an ideal situation but we have to at least be nice to them. They are stationed with us for an unknown amount of time so I want everyone to behave."

"I always behave!" Wrecker laughed. Crosshair rolled his eyes. Signature toothpick in his mouth.

"Let's go then." Hunter opened the door. "They're waiting for us."

The Bad Batch exited the Marauder one by one. Tech looked ahead and he saw Master Kenobi talking to a younger woman. The two deep in their own conversation.

"Our Jedi is a woman?" Tech questioned.

"Good observation Tech." Crosshair sarcastically said. "Jedi can also be women."

"That's not what I meant." Tech said. "I only meant-"

"Uh-huh sure." Crosshair cut him off.

"Boys." Hunter scolded. Once in range of the Jedi they could all hear the woman complaining. "General Kenobi!" Hunter called out. The others quieting down. "It's been a long time." They two shook hands. "Is this the knight that's being assigned to us?"

Hunter watched as Tech looked down at his data pad. It seemed like he was trying his hardest to not look at her. Hunter watched as Tech typed basic observations about Valerie into the data pad. He chuckled as he typed things like hair and eye color, rough height, and stature of Valerie. "Of course you would get basic information about her." He watched on.