Resistance

Valerie and Moose landed on the planet Teth. Teth's sun had started to set by the time they got their shuttle landed. Valerie nervously adjusted her cloak.

"You need to relax, Valerie." Moose said as he moved next to her. He placed his helmet on. His signature pawprint on the helmet had started fading.

"These clones think I'm dead." Valerie stated. "I think I have a right to be nervous with how they'll react."

"Yea, they'll be relieved that you're alive." He reassured her and lowered the door to the ship. "R3, stay with the ship, okay?" Moose said to the droid.

"Boop!" The droid beeped in confirmation.

"Come on." Moose waved her forward and Valerie nodded and the two of them walked out of the ship together. As they neared the command center there were clones on patrol. She studied their armor. Most had painted accents of some sort varying of blues, greens, or reds.

But none lavender.

"Where are Ginkgo and Bo?" Valerie asked Moose. "Shouldn't they be here?"

"Perhaps inside or sent on a mission." Moose said. They passed by the clones on patrol, all of them staring at her as they walked by

"I hope so." Valerie whispered.

Moose let Valerie walk inside first, he knew who was inside waiting for her, unbeknownst to both of them. Candles hung on the walls went down the hallway. In the distance she could hear clones talking and laughing, but the figure at the other end made Valerie pause.

A pink Twi'lek had her back to them. Darker pink dots speckled her shoulders. She was talking to three clones, a data pad in her hand. On her utility belt was two blaster pistols and a to-go med-pack. Her lekku's still hung over her shoulders, but she carried herself more confidently. The clones nodded and turned away from her. The Twi'lek stroked her lekku and turned. She also paused as the two girls stared at each other.

Valerie watched as her eyes widened as the Twi'lek observed Valerie. They both took a step forward at the same time. Valerie's breath hitched and the Twi'lek's eyes started to water and the data pad slipped from her hands.

"Eloise." Valerie whispered.

The two girls ran to each other, meeting in the middle and they collided into a hug. They both found themselves crying as their grip tightened against each other.

"Valerie!" Eloise exclaimed, her accent still strong as ever.

"Eloise!" Valerie exclaimed next.

"Valerie!" Eloise sobbed into her shoulder. "You're alive?! How can this be?"

Valerie shook her head. "I don't know."

Eloise pulled back and the two girls studied each other. "Look at you! You look so confident and so happy!"

Eloise saw Valerie's baby bump. "And you?! With child!" But she paused. "Valerie I'm so sorry, but this means?"

"Yes." Valerie nodded. "He is actually gone, but I carry his memory with me."

Eloise nodded. "I'm sure you and Moose must be tired from your travels! Come, come! The others will be so relieved to see you!" Eloise looped her arm with Valerie's, leaving Moose to walk behind the two girls.

"I do have some questions for you, Eloise." Valerie turned around and eyed Moose. "You know, when you and I are alone."

Eloise chuckled. "I bet you do, as do I."

"I missed you so much, Eloise." Valerie laughed.

"I missed you too!" Eloise smiled and the two girls walked into the room. There were a plethora of clones moving about. A small group of them surrounded a holo-table. They all looked up at the two laughing girls who entered the room.