Chapter 53: When It Rains It Pours

November 12th, 1993

11:43 am

Alana POV

You know that moment when you hear something bad & your heart drops to your stomach? When your hands get sweaty, you lose all concentration & you just become a wreck? Yeah. I've had a few of those moments in the last couple months. The most recent one just happened a moment ago, when I found out my fucking husband is fucking doped up on painkillers. Where the fuck was the people that was suppose to be watching him? Why did nobody notice this? Where the fuck was I?

I took a deep breath. Let me calm down. I'm 4 months pregnant and I don't need to be stressed. I should've known though. Michael's been acting different. Distant even. Ever since I came back home in September.

I wanted to stay, trust me, but I needed to care of my kids. I couldn't just leave Angel with Taty, nor could I bring her on tour because she started school in September. Also, i'm pregnant. I can't just keep fucking flying everywhere. That's not good.

But look at me now, flying to London because he needs to go to rehab. Angel is, of course, going to stay here. She's mad but shit i'm mad too.

"Dumbasses wasn't watching my baby. All they asses getting fired," I mumbled to myself as I walked onto the plane. I sat down & sighed closing my eyes. "Jesus take the wheel."

*

12:22 am

I got to London late as hell & sleepy as hell but I didn't care. I was determined to see my baby, and I was determined to see him NOW. I called Liz from the airport & she said they were at Elton John's manager's house. So of course I headed there first. It took about 20 minutes to get there from the airport.

When I arrived (fuck the process of how I got in, I gotta get to my baby), I fucking hopped out the car before it completely stopped & rang the door bell like a mad woman. Liz's husband, Larry, opened it already knowing who it was & instantly explained what was going on. He let me in & we headed upstairs.

"Michael is upstairs sleeping now. They are currently setting up the fourth floor at the clinic we're taking him to in the morning." I nodded as we headed towards Michael's room. We walked down the end of the hall & stopped at the door on the right. "This is him." I rubbed my forehead in frustration. I don't think i'm prepared to see him really. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Thank you Larry."

"No problem." He rubbed my back & walled away. Well, lets get to it. I opened the door & of course it was dark. I heard Michael's soft snores & sighed. Bet this is the most sleep he's gotten in a while. I walked over to the bed & sat down. I sighed once again.

"Why baby?" I stared at him for a little then proceeded to take off my shoes & climb over Michael into the bed. Naturally, Michael laid his head on me & I played in his hair. I twisted a strand of his hair around my finger.

"Why Michael?" I shook my head. It was quiet for a moment & then he said something.

"Im sorry Alana," He mumbled. I was about to say something but I once again heard his soft snores & sighed (for like the third time in five minutes). Lord please let everything work out for us.

*
November 13th, 1993

7:30 am

I rolled over on the bed the next day & Michael wasn't there. I slowly raised up, feeling drained & looked around. He wasn't anywhere in the room. He probably in the bathroom or something. I kicked my legs over the edge of the bed & stood up. I headed towards the door, but it swung open before I could get to it. In came Michael with a tray of food. He looked at me & gave me a small smile before placing the tray on the bed.