Chapter 60: We Meet Again

The Same Night

8:12 PM

Alana POV

"You look so good girl!!" Kennedy squealed as she finished up my eye shadow. She then stepped back & Micah & Jailee walked over. I pursed my lips.

"How do I look?" All three of them gave each other the same look. Then Jailee looked at me & smirked.

"You look like you coming to take yo man back tonight." I rolled my eyes & they laughed.

"I don't see why Michael left you," Kennedy said walking over to her make-up bag. "I should go tell him about his-self right now." I waved her off & got up walking over to the full body mirror. My eyes instantly got big. They were right. I do look good. I was wearing (in the MM). I turned to them & they were smirking.

"Ready Lanie?" I smirked.

"I was born ready."

Michael POV

I sat next to Lisa in my seat quietly as we waited for the next performance. Everybody was making small talk but us. Lisa hadn't spoken a word to me all night & I was fine with that. She's mad at me because I haven't been home weeks but she think it's okay to go on a vacation with her ex without telling me. Women are so stressful.

The room went dark and i'm assuming the next performance was starting. Then somebody started snapping. A few seconds later they started ad-libing and I immediately knew it was Alana. My breath got caught in my throat & Lisa smacked her lips as they put the light on her. She looked so beautiful standing there in her all white. The crowd cheered as she walked towards them continuing to ad-lib as the music started a little.

Ba ba ba da
Ba ba ba da
Ba ba ba da
Ba ba ba da

Ba ba ba da
Ba ba ba
Ba ba ba
Bring the beat in!

The lights went up & she started dancing along with her 4 back-up dancers/singers, who all had a microphone stand in front of them. The crowd clapped & danced with Alana. I snapped my fingers low-key. I know we're not together anymore but I still support her, even though she wants nothing to do with me. Can't blame anybody but me for that though.

Honey, honey
I can see the stars all the way from here
Can't you see the glow on the window pane?
I can feel the sun whenever you're near
Every time you touch me I just melt away

She started to do a little footwork as she continued to sing.

Now everybody asks me why I'm smiling out from ear to ear (They say love hurts)
But I know (It's gonna take a real work)
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my tears
And finally you put me first

Baby it's you.
You're the one I love.
You're the one I need.
You're the only one I see.

Come on baby it's you.

You're the one that gives your all.
You're the one I can always call.
When I need you make everything stop.
Finally you put my love on top.

She walked over to the left side of the stage (which was over there where I was) as she continued to sing. I shifted in my seat as I watched her sing her heart out. She sounded & looked so beautiful.

You put my love on top.
Ooh oooh! Come on baby.
You put my love on top, top, top, top, top.
My love on top.
My love on top.