Chapter 81: Back On The East Coast

I really didn't want to even try to relive the events of 9/11 so im going to skip over it. I can't even imagine how people were feeling that day so im not going to even attempt it. But enjoy :)

November 7th, 2001

9:34 am

Alana POV

We had been back and forth between the east coast & Cali for about a month. It was so much going on. The attacks on September 11th was a lot to take in. So much devastation. I felt so grateful that my family and friends that had been New York around that time were safe, but so saddened at the huge amount of people who were killed. Damn near 3,000 people were killed and 6,000 were injured.

And we were in the city with all that madness.

They shut down everything. America basically had shut down. There was no flying for two days, but who would want to fly anywhere after that?

We stayed for another week anyways. We visited hospitals, the homes of people who had lost loved ones, we visited the mayor. We tried to do anything to help. Michael was already planning a benefit concert.

When we got back home, our schedule was busy. Between planning the concert, creating a song for the cause, finishing his album & being in the middle of a disagreement with Sony, Michael didn't have time to talk about adopting a baby. I was cool with it anyways. I still had my record label to take care of & 6 kids to keep up with.

Michael had his benefit concert on October 21 in D.C. So many people (celebrities & normal) showed up for support. It was great that everybody could come together in the time of need for our country.

9 days later, Michael's album 'Invincible' released. It debuted at number one, which was great considering lack of promotion & the fact that the music industry ain't doing that well in general. Michael's currently at it with Sony though but hopefully it works out & they give my man what he wants, needs & deserves.

Today, we are back in New York for an 'Invincible' cd signing. Michael's tired & he has a cold but he's excited. Never has he ever did a cd signing & he feels it's the least he could do for the people of New York.

I watched from the bed as Michael moved all across the room, trying to get ready. I was already ready, but you know how much of a slow poke Michael is.

"See you should've gotten ready before me," He waved me off as he continued to get ready. I rolled my eyes. "Hurry up slow poke." He coughed in response to me. Then 5 minutes later, he was ready & we left.

The ride to the Virgin Megastore was quiet. Mostly because Michael was sick & tired. He just laid his head on my lap & listened to me sing softly to him as I played in his hair.

It was so weird to see Michael with his hair cut. Last time I wasn't with him for the big chop so this is new to me.

As we pulled up to the store we could hear the screams of his fans. Michael smiled sitting up & looking out the window. It was hectic as hell out there.

"Oh boy," He said chuckling.

"You ready?" I asked as the limo came to a complete stop. He nodded grabbing my hand. The door opened & the screams got louder as he stepped out & helped me out.

"MICHAEL!!! ALANA!!!!" We smiled waving at the screaming fans as they lost their minds. I even saw a few faint.

"Oh lord," I mumbled as we were escorted into the store.