Chapter 40: In The Closet

May 31st, 1991

Alana POV

"We came to this place, where the vicious dwell

And found that wicked women run this strange hotel

There was Sefra and Sue, every girl that I knew

And my baby said, "Love is through"

This is 'Heartbreak Hotel'

Welcome to 'Heartbreak Hotel'

So people, 'Heartbreak Hotel'

This place is 'Heartbreak Hotel'"

I sung along as i drove to Ocean Way Studios, where Michael was recording for 'Dangerous'. Angel was in the back peacefully sleeping. I pulled into the parking lot & got out grabbing Angel. She stirred a little before laying on my shoulder. I walked in waving at the desk clerk before heading to where Michael was recording. I knocked on the door & Bill Bottrell opened it. He smiled.

"How you doing Alana?"

"Im fine." I hugged him before walking in. Michael was standing over Teddy Riley & some song was playing. I smiled.

"You sure you don't want to add this on the album?" Michael shook his head no.

"Its not done."

"Michael, this is done. 'In The Closet' is the song that isn't finished."

"So?"

"So you need to choose another song."

"No. You can go find somebody else to do the Princess' part."

"But-"

"But nothing." Teddy sighed. Michael moved out the way as he stood up. Teddy waved at me as he walked out. I felt bad for him. Michael sighed rubbbing his head.

"Bill," he said turning around but then he stopped. "Oh hey baby."

"Hey." He walked up to me and pecked my lips. "You okay?"

"Of course," he said tiredly. I raised my eyebrow.

"You sure?" He nodded. "Michael." He shook his head. I turned to Bill. "Can you..?" He nodded walking out. I walked over to the couch laying Angel down & sat next to her. Michael stood in front of me. "So whats up?"

He sighed. "One track isn't finished & thats 'In The Closet'. All my parts are done but Princess Stéphanie of Monaco couldn't come to do hers. So i need a woman to do her part." Was this his way of asking me? I smirked folding my legs. He raised his eyebrow. "You think im trying to ask you to do this indirectly don't you?"

"Are you?"

"No. You asked whats wrong and i told you." I raised my eyebrow. "I mean you can do it if you want." I slowly stood up.

"Give me the lyrics."

*

"Ready Alana?" Teddy asked. I nodded. I was kind of nervous because i hadn't been in the studio in years, and plus Michael was a perfectionist so i had to get this right. Teddy put his thumb up & i started.

There's Something

I Have To Say To You

If You Promise You'll

Understand

I Cannot Contain Myself

When In Your Presence