Bonus Chapter: Island Getaway

June 11th, 2006
6:57 PM
Alana POV

"Are we almost there yet?" Jelani asked for the 5th time in 2 minutes.

"Oh my god Jelani, shut up!" Angel said rolling her eyes.

"You shut up," He spat back childishly. I rolled my eyes walking out to the top of the boat where Michael was with Neveah. He was letting her steer & she was just giggling away.

"Daddy im doing it!!" Neveah said excitedly.

"Yess baby you got it." I smiled & pulled out my camera phone taking a picture of the two. Then I walked to the oblivious & went in front of the wheel taking another one. "Now Lanie if she crashes this boat you can't blame anybody but yourself." I waved him off as he put her down. "Go with your brothers & sisters honey." She quickly ran off.

"Be careful!!" Michael & I yelled after her. Then he turned back to me.

"You excited?"

"Of course. We haven't been here in years. Matter of fact the only time we were here was when Angel was a toddler."

"I guess you could say it was a waste of money?" He asked unsure. I giggled.

"Not really. We're on our way back there now aren't we?" He shrugged & I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his waist. "Can you believe our baby girl is about to be a senior?"

"No. And I don't want to believe it," He groaned.

"Me neither."

"Are you guys talking about me?" We turned around & Angel was posing.

I rolled my eyes playfully as Michael chuckled. "She's your daughter," He said kissing my cheek & walking over to his first born daughter.

"Boy if you don't steer this damn boat before we crash."

"Shut up, we're alright." I rolled my eyes. He wrapped his arms around Angel's shoulder. "Yes we were talking about you baby girl."

"I knew it."

"Your nigga senses were telling you huh?" I asked.

"Of course." We all laughed as Michael went back over to the wheel. "Daddy where are we going?"

"You'll see soon." We hadn't told the kids we were going to the island. They knew it existed, but they didn't know that was our destination.

Angel groaned. "How soon?"

"Don't get annoying like ya brother," Michael said jokingly.

"I heard that!!" Jelani said walking up to us.

"There go them nigga sense tingling," I mumbled.

"Well since yall coming up here one by one, might as well tell the rest to come on up here. We're close anyways," Michael said. Jelani & Angel squealed in excitement before running down the stairs to get the rest of their siblings.