Chapter 4: Lies

Alana POV

I left right back out and headed straight to Michaels house. I swear i couldn't think straight. A million thoughts were going through my head. Michael loves me??? My hands were sweating as i held onto the steering wheel. I parked my car in front of the house & jumped out. I ran up to the door & knocked on it. Randy opened the door. He smiled.

"Hey Alana."

"Hey Randy." I hugged him.

"God you smell good," he mumbled. I shook my head & let go. He has had a crush on me for i dont know how long. "So you know im about to be 19 right?"

"Yes Randy but you cant have me for your birthday."

"Cant blame a brother for trying." He said walking away. I chuckled. He is a trip. Mother came out the kitchen. She smiled wide at me.

"Hello Alana."

"Hi Mother." She hugged me.

"How are you??"

"Im good. Came here to see the family. And Michael." She smirked.

"He's in his room."

"Thank you." I dashed up the stairs to his. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," his soft, sexy voice said. I opened the door & went in. He was writing. He looked up & saw me.

"Oh hey Alana," he said slowly pushing all his papers & stuff off his bed. Crazy butt.

"We need to talk."

Michael POV

I hate those words. I patted a seat on my bed & she sat down.

"So whats up?"

"So i went home today & saw i had 2 messages. One from Brad, and the other from you." My eyes got wide. Oh lord. "You & Mother were talking about you loving someone. Were yall talking about me?"

Lie, lie, lie!!

"No." She raised her eyebrow.

"Then who were you talking about?"

"Um uhhh Tatyana!! Yeah her. I love her so much. She so pretty & funny and crazy." I laughed weakly.

"Oh. Well i uhh i gotta go. Bye." Her voice started to crack at the end.

"Alana..." She got up and ran out the room slamming the door behind her. Im staring to think Mother was right. I sat there for a minute and thought about it. Oh crap!! I scrambled to get out of the bed to get Alana. God im an idiot!!! I ran downstairs & out the door. But she was already gone. God why am I so stupid? I went back in the house & saw Mother, Janet, Latoya & Randy standing right there.

"What did you do?"

Alana POV

Ugh!! Why were my hopes so high?! I should've known. I walked in the door slamming it behind me. Tatyana was sitting on the couch. She looked at me & smiled. This bitch.

"Hey sis." I gave her an angry glare & walked in the room slamming the door behind me. She got some nerve.

Tatyana POV

Um okay. Don't know whats wrong with her. And im not going to ask right now either.

Michael POV

"You what?!" They all yelled at the same time.

"How could you be so stupid??" Asked Latoya.

"Michael, they gon get you," Janet added.

"This is why you shouldn't lie," said Mother. Then there's Randy:

"Thats why she should've stuck with me." Latoya smacked him on the back of his head.

"Shut up Randy," We said.

"Listen, you are going to call her & tell her the truth," Mother said.

"Like you should've already did," added Latoya. I sighed.

"Pass me the phone."

Tatyana POV

The phone rang. I picked it up.

"What did you do Michael?"

"I just got on the phone & you already assuming."

"Thats cause i know you & i know Alana. I know when she get jealous. Now spill."

He sighed. "I told Alana i loved you."

I jumped up. "What?! Are you crazy?!?"

"She came over here asking did I love her & i was too nervous to tell her the truth."I raised my hand in frustration.

"Great so now she's mad at me."

"And me."

"Negro you ain't gotta live with her. Now you gon bring your black ass over here and tell her the truth."

"Why did you think I was calling?"

"Don't get smart with me Michael. Bring your ass." I hung up & sighed. This nigga gon cause some trouble.

Michael POV

I put the phone on the hook.

"Come on Latoya."

"Why?"

"We're going over to Alana's place to tell her the truth."