Chapter 17: Heaven Can Wait

Michael POV

I woke up in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask on me. I slowly sat up. Ohhh my head hurts so bad. I looked around the room. What happened? Then i thought about it. Where was Alana? I started panicking & screaming & trying to call the nurse. The nurse & some doctors ran in. They were trying to calm me down but i kept screaming. Then, they gave me something & i slowly closed my eyes & drifted back into sleep.

***

I woke back up & Mother & Janet were waiting right there. They ran over to me & hugged me.

"Ughhh. My body."

"Right." They moved back. "Sorry baby."

"Its ok. What happened?" They looked at each other then Janet started to explain.

"You were in a hit & run. They still haven't found the driver & don't have a clue who it is. They also don't understand how y'all could've been hit that hard for that driver to keep going."

"Oh." It got quiet again then panic stepped in. "Where's Alana? Is she ok?"
They didn't say anything.

"Mother...."

"She was impacted a lot by that. The car hit her on her side of the car. She has many fractures on her body. Right now she's in a coma. Its a 50 percent chance that she might not make it."

Alana POV

"Hello?"

I didn't get an answer. I was surrounding by all white, scared & i just wanted to be in Michael's arms.

"Hello?"

Where the fuck am i? I just want to be with my baby.

Michael POV

It felt like the whole world froze once she said that. All i heard was 'she might not make it'. The words repeated in my head.

She might not make it....

Then it all came back to me & i broke down. Mother & Janet came over to me to comfort me. I can't believe it. Alana could die today. She can't die!! I love her too much for that!!! Not Alana!!! Not Alana....

Alana POV

"Hello?!? Is anyone there?" It felt like i've been walking forever & haven't went anywhere. Its just all white.

"Alana...." A deep voice said. I looked around lost, confused & scared. Who the fuck is there & how did they know my name?

"Alana..."

"Who are you?!?!"

"Jacob....." No...... It couldn't be....

"But it is......" A voice behind me whispered. I turned around & there stood Jacob. My brother.

Michael POV

I finally calmed down after 10 minutes.

"You ok now Michael?" Mother asked. I nodded.

"Is that all he said?"

"And if she does wake up, she might have short term memory lost."

"Well, thats better than dying," i sighed.

"Michael she won't die."

"How do you know Janet??? The doctor said it!!!"

"He said it was a 50 percent chance. Plus you know Alana is a fighter. She ain't going down like that." I sighed. I hope not.....