Chapter 1: The Beginning

October 1968

Alana POV

"Whoa!! This is so big!!" I said to my sister, Tatyana who had ran off somewhere. Great. Now it looks like i'm talking to myself. I walked around the house just looking around. I was at my auntie Diana house, for the first time ever & I was 9!! She'd been living here since before I was born & this was my first time. Blame that on my busy schedule. I've been a model since i could learn to sit up & smile on cue. Added to that, I've been a singer for 2 years. That's a lot for a 9 year old but i deal with it. This is my passion. As I walked out to where the pool was, i bumped into somebody & fell.

"Oh!! I am so sorry," a soft voice said as he helped me up.

"No i'm sorry. I wasn't watching where i was going," i replied brushing myself off. I looked at the boy. He had some beautiful brown eyes & a cute smooth baby face. He had a little afro. I smiled & he smiled back. His smile was to die for. He reached his hand out.

"I'm Michael."

"Alana," I said, shaking his hand.

"Pretty. Your name I mean," he pointed out, smiling shyly. I giggled. I noticed we were still holding hands so I let go.

"So i'll see you around?" I asked. He nodded his head & I smiled once again.

"Bye Michael."

Michael POV

As she walked away I couldn't help but stare at her. She was so pretty. And she seemed familiar but i couldn't put my finger on who she was.

"Oooooooh, Michael got a girlfriend!!" Yelled Jermaine.

"No I don't," I said as my brothers walked over to me. I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"Then why you blushing?" Jackie teased as I blushed more & they laughed.

"Alana is pretty though," Marlon said.

"How'd you know her name?" I asked.

"Um cause she's the biggest child model in the world, she's a good singer & she's Diana's niece," said Marlon.

"And she's all La Toya talks about," added Tito.

I snapped my finger. That's where I recognized her from!!

"What you snap your finger for?" Asked Jermaine.

"No reason," I walked away.

***

"Cannonball!!!" I yelled.

"Michael no!!"

I smacked my lips. "Fine." I got in the pool. Berry was having a party at his house to welcome us to the family. Smokey Robinson was there, James Brown, Sly and the family, Gladys Knights and the Pips, you name it. Diana walked through the door with Alana and her twin sister. Marlon nudged me.

"You staring pretty hard Michael." I blushed. Was it that obvious?

Alana POV

When we walked in the party, i looked around and saw Michael staring at me. I went around the other way to surprise him. I took off my shoes & got in the pool.

Michael POV

Where did she go??

"Looking for me?" I heard a familiar pretty voice say. I started cheesing and turned around.

"Hi Michael," Alana said.

"H-hi Alana," i stuttered. She giggled. Great. I probably look like a fool.

"Its ok Michael. You dont have to be nervous." She gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back.

***

"MICHAEL!!" Jermaine yelled.

"Run Alana!!" I grabbed her hand & we started running. We giggled as we ran. We pranked Jermaine into going to get a towel for us & as soon as he opened the door SPLASH!! Bucket full of water on his head. I learned alot about Alana during the party. We got alot of things in common. We both love to sing and dance, we both draw, we both love animals & alot more.

"Alana!!" I heard Diana yell. She sighed and stopped running. I stopped right with her.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I think we about to leave."

"Oh," i frowned. I just made a friend and she about to leave. She hugged me.

"Bye Michael. I'll see you later."

"Bye Alana." She walked away. I sighed and sat on the stairs. Next thing i know, alot of water balloons splashed on me. I was soaked!! I looked and saw my brothers AND Alana cracking up.

"Imma get yall!!" I yelled as they all started running. I chased them till they got to the guest room, where they had a bucket full of water balloons. I started running for my life. I ran out side by the pool. Alana followed & threw a water balloon at me, but missed. Then she tried to run but i grabbed her and picked her up. My brothers ran outside.

"Put the balloons down or the girl gets it," i said evilly.

"Michael put me down!!!"

"Michael," Jackie started. "It doesnt have to be like this."

"Are yall going to put the balloons down?"

"No," they all said. I shrugged and threw Alana in the water. She yelped as she landed in there. We all started cracking up laughing. God her face though!!! After 1 minute, she still hadn't came up. I started to get worried.

"Guys, Alana hasn't come up yet." They stopped laughing. We looked at each other and jumped in the pool.

"Alana!! Alana!! Alan-"

I felt somebody jump on my back & i screamed. I heard someone giggle in my ear. Alana.

"Gotcha!!" She yelled giggling. I knew from this point on, she was going to be my friend forever.

----------

How was it?