Chapter 62: Papers

September 29th, 1995

2:04 pm

Michael POV

"So, you're basically saying that you didn't really say anything of importance?" Liz questioned & I nodded. She rubbed her forehead looking disappointed.

I had just got done telling Liz what happened with Alana & I in New York. It had been 3 weeks since it had happened but when I came back Liz was out of town. Then when she had came back we both were too busy to meet up until today.

I had really regretted that conversation with Alana because I didn't get anywhere with it. I didn't tell her why I wanted to separate or anything. I had panicked.

"So what do you plan on doing now, Michael?"

"I don't know," I said groaning & rubbing my temple. I had been having constant headaches since I had asked for the separation (Yeah, that's a long time) & I hated it because I couldn't take anything for them.

"Lisa still not talking to you?"

"No & I honestly don't care. I'm sick of her shit." Liz snickered. "It's not funny. She finds any & every reason to be mad at me. I look at her wrong & she gets mad." Liz shook her head. "I honestly don't know why i'm still with her."

"Then tell her how you feel."

"Like that's done any good lately." She shrugged & I sighed. "Why is it when I need advice you don't any?" She gave a small smile & I rolled my eyes.

"You want some advice, for real Michael?"

"Yes," I whined.

"Follow your heart." I looked at her crazy as she smirked standing up. "Now I have to go."

I stood up & followed her to the door. "How are you just going to leave like that?" She shrugged & kissed my cheek.

"Bye darling."

"Bye bye." I opened the door & she walked out. I closed the door behind her sighing. Follow my heart? I did that & look at me now. I'm more unhappy then i've ever been.

3:37 PM

I was in my study, working on paperwork for the HIStory World Tour when somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in," I said taking off my glasses. In came Maria. She gave me a small smile. "Oh hello Maria."

"Hello Mr. Jackson. I brought you some green tea & your mail."

"Thank you." She nodded as she put the tea down & handed the mail to me. Then she left back out closing the door behind her. I quickly went through the mail, but stopped when one big envelope caught my attention. I quickly opened it & read the papers. "WHAT THE FUCK?!?"

Alana POV

"So no homework right?"

"Yes mommy," Angel whined as we walked in the house. "You ask that every friday."

"I'm still trying to get used to it," I replied. My baby was a first grader & so smart. Just like her mama. And daddy, I guess. I rolled my eyes as the thought of Michael tried to creep up, as always. "You hungry?" She nodded. "Okay, go in there & ask Imani for a snack while I fill out a few papers. Then afterwards, we'll relax in my room for the rest of the day, okay?" She nodded again. I leaned down kissing her forehead before we went our separate ways. I walked down the hall to my office. Once I got there, I sat down & continued working on papers I were working on before I went to pick up Angel. One of the perks of running your own record label is that you can work from home sometimes.

I was reading through the second to last page of my paperwork when the phone rang. I growled. I hate when people interrupt me while i'm working. I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"DIVORCE PAPERS ALANA?!?" I rolled my eyes. Why is he yelling in my ear?

"Yes Michael. Divorce papers."

"I'M NOT SIGNING THOSE PAPERS!!"

"One, lower your voice. Two, yes you are."

"No i'm not. I don't want a divorce Alana." I rubbed my nose. I did not plan on talking to Michael today man.

"Michael, i'm trying to make this easier for you. The sooner we divorce, the sooner you & Lisa can be together with no problems."

"But I don't want a damn divorce Alana," He growled.

"Yeah, well I didn't want a separation either. But look where we're at now," I snapped. I was having a good day until he called.

He groaned. "Why are you doing this Alana?"

"I'm just finishing something you started. Now sign the divorce papers or else."

"Or else what?" He challenged. He really wants to do this? I don't have time for this. I sighed.

"Don't make it harder then it already is. Just sign the papers so we can move on with our damn lives," I said then hung up. He wants to be with another woman, yet he doesn't want to divorce. He has another thing coming though if he think he can have his cake & eat it too.

Michael POV

I growled at the dial tone & slam the phone down. We're not getting a divorce & that's final. She got another thing coming if she think she gon divorce me.

--------------------------------------------

Short filler chapter. What do yall think will happen next?

Food, MJ, Love

Lovelyn