Chapter 16: Eyes

Cyrus

This was a bad idea, what was I thinking inviting a girl to ride on my motorcycle? what came over me? everyone knows I'm very overprotective of my baby.

No one but me is allowed to ride it, out of all people I didn't expect Lana to be the first to ride it with me.

Even tho I looked calm my heart was pacing across my chest from her gentle touch, she wrapped her arms around me as if I was some delicate thing that needed care for, one drop, and it was destroyed.

Now that I put it that way doesn't sound too good.

As I rode down the highway I could overhear her laughs and cheers behind me, it brought joy to me for some reason, and I couldn't help my smile as she leaned against me.

I flinch at her head being laid behind my back and her arms tightening around me, What are you doing Lana?

I wanted to ask but didn't feel the courage to, I was about to make it toward her apartment complex road when she stopped me.

"I don't wanna go home yet" she whispered into my ear, "Take me somewhere fun!" She then exhilarated with a giggle.

I let out a sigh and glanced back at her, "Sure why not little mouse" Her cheeks take a hint of pink as I turned back to look at the road.

❄︎

"You're not going to murder me are you?" I let out a laugh as she followed behind me toward my mansion in the middle of hidden woods.

"Dont worry-" Then suddenly I feel her grab onto my arm, "FUCK!" I shout before I held her waist and spun her around before I landed over her.

I feel my back slam onto the dirt while she falls over my chest, she let out a squeak as she landed above me, "I um, I'm sorry" She spoke as she stared down at my eyes and lip at once.

"Your fine, now get off me before I actually murder you" Her eyes widen in without seconds she was up.

Lana

My mouth dropped as we entered Cyrus Mansion, I didn't expect him to bring me to his house but wow.

I could get used to this living environment- I then suddenly let out a scream and jumped behind Cyrus as I watched a giant Doberman sitting in the corner of the room.

"I think a giant bear broke into your house" I gulped a harsh breath as he walked over toward IT.

"Calm down little mouse, she doesn't bite"
"That's what everyone says then boom- they start eating my feet"
"Your walking perfectly fine" I roll my eyes as he gestures me over, he sat down below his dog and pats her on the head as I slowly made my way over toward them both.

I slowly get on one knee as she watches my every move, Cyrus rolls his eyes and grabbed onto my wrist causing me to tumble beside him, and hovered my hand below her mouth.

She stared at it for a few seconds before licking my hand and laying her head on my knees, "good girl" he patted her stomach while I massaged her head.

"She's...adorable what's her name?" I glanced up at him while he ignored eye contact, he let out a sigh and shifted to look at me.

"Winter"
"Very creative" I teased with a smile.
"At least it's not 'Blueberry come here girl!" he said in a girly tone, I let out a loud laugh when it suddenly disappeared when he smiles.

"What?" I frown, "You have a nice smile" I feel my stomach flutter with butterflies, I hate this feeling, and I know exactly what I'm feeling.

I used to feel it with Misha when I was younger I thought he was cute but that's my childhood crush now I see him as a best friend but now that I'm older and no longer fifteen, I haven't had this feeling since...

It's just a compliment, you get multiple compliments, and it doesn't matter.

"Thanks, I like yours too" I smile back, "You should smile more, I bet girls would love it as much as they love your frown"
"I don't have time for girls," He rolled his eyes while rubbing Winters's belly, "Oh" I raised my eyebrows, I shouldn't be surprised.

He seems like the type to not want something serious, but why does it kinda hurt?

"Well, why not? There's some pretty girl out there you must like someone" he gave me a scowl as he slowly arched a brow up, "Oh come on girls aren't that bad, or boys"
"I'm not interested in a relationship," he said in a harsh tone.

"So you just like fucking around-"
"Exactly, just fucking"
"What if you have sex with a girl and she falls for you?" Before I could even process my words I had shut my eyes and slammed my hand above my forehead.
"You don't have to-"

"I wouldn't pursue her, even if it hurt her feelings I always remind them it's just sex, nothing more"

"And what if you fall for her?" I asked with a slight smile as I stared at his jaw clench at the thought, it took him a few seconds to answer, he stared at the ground while I could basically hear his heart pounding inside his chest.

"I don't believe in love."
"Neither do I" I mumbled under my breath but I could see from the corner of my eye he snapped his neck to look at me. "How so? isn't your sister and Misha in love?"

"They are, love only comes to the people who deserve it, they both deserve all the love this world has left" I sighed ignoring eye contact, while I felt my eyes slowly tear up.

"Then don't get your hopes up- " I quickly blinked the tears away and met his stare, "Whys so?" "Because you deserve love out of anyone"
I sneer and roll my eyes, "You don't know anything about me" "No I don't, but I know you just by looking at those eyes of yours, you lie to yourself every single day, but eyes don't lie."

His pupils dialed while my expression softened, "If you know me so well then, what are my eyes saying right now?"