Chapter 52: Venji

Cyrus

I spun around and watched as my mother slowly sat up from her bed trying to figure who the hell I am "No, No, no you need rest" I run up to her, gently laying her back down, she doesn't protest which only made me upset.

You always protest mama.

"Cyrus is that you" she cupped my cheek while a sudden tear slipped her eye, "Yes it's me mama" she smiles and gestured to me to lean down, she places a kiss on my forehead before giving me another smile.

"Did you find your love?"
I snort, of course, that's the first thing she asked me, "Surprisingly, I did her name is Lana Ambrose, and she has gorgeous blue eyes and a perfect smile, she loves me back mama"

"And did you give her a rose?" I nod and she beams, Swallowing I gently seize her hand, "She put them in a painting after..." Came back, mother doesn't know I did for Winters Inc. And she doesn't have to or she'll beat my ass with the closets thing she can see, mama hated the thought of having to get sucked into the Empire, but I'm doing this for her, for my family.

"After I hurt her...she didn't want to get rid of them" Mama awes and cups my cheek, Smiling I held onto her hand.

"I would love to meet her one-" she lets out a cough cutting herself off mid-sentence, "You will, I promise you will mama"
"I hope so-"
"You. Will, I vowed you will"

❄︎

Nevan and I sat across from each other while Aldo and Francesca sat across from us, it was currently 3 p.m. which means it must be 9 in the morning in DC, while overthinking Lana's safety I gripped my gun tight while we waited for landing.

"Is this about Alana Ambrose?" I jerk my head in Francesca's direction giving me a quirky smirk, "Thats none of your business Fran" I could sense her eye-roll from the back of my neck.

Aldo and Francesca have a twenty-year age gap, yet they still seem madly in love, his arm was over her shoulder while she gripped onto his thighs.

Everyone knows Francesca has a fear of plains, no one has the courage to open their mouths and ask since she'll throw a knife into your eye.

And not miss.

I viewed the way he held onto her and how she melted into his embrace, the way he smiles when they make eye contact, the way he holds onto her gently yet in a tight grip afraid she'll disappear if he isn't touching her.

They're basically the opposite of each other, Aldo could just kill you with a stare with his black eyes tan skin and long black hair that's in a bun, tattoos across his arms and neck, and his black suit.

While she looks like she could be a part of a fantasy movie, with her light strawberry red hair, fair skin, and brown freckles around her face, she has the most delicate green eyes I've seen.

"So what's the plan?" Aldo broke the silence, "We kill him" I say through gritted teeth, "I didn't think about that" Nevan said in a sarcastic tone, "That's a wish, Cyrus, I know you want the son of a bitch dead but we have to be serious about this" Fran spoke, I tightened my lips from her accent, she was born and raised in Italy my guess never left either, she has the deepest accent out of all of us, and tho sometimes I wish I can burst out laughing at her curses I stay quiet.

Sighing lean against my seat, "He's after what's yours, it's up to you Cyrus, your not a kid anymore, your officially a Winter"

Aldo said while giving me a death stare causing shivers over my back, I've always wished to make my uncle proud, he's my biggest inspiration, tho he's dangerous and could be the cruelest man, his heart is with his family.

"I'll track Vincent's phone, it's obvious Henry is using it to get to Lana, when Lana's weak so am I, that's his plan, get to our feelings"

"Vivian will be distracting Henry since he has a soft spot for her," I doubt putting Vivian on the spot with Henry is a good idea, knowing they have a dark past...tho seeing the monster he created she's smart enough to take him down. Nevan clear his throat while handing me a specific gun.

Father's gun "Take it" he demanded, I glared at the gun with fire in my eyes, I can't take that, it's not mine, it's meant to be Nevans.

"Thats not mine to keep" I glance into Nevans eyes, his eye glint with confusion and shock.

"It's yours-"

The sound of a phone ringing from a phone call catches everyone's attention, Nevan's eyes land on my phone sitting on the coffee table covered in weapons.

Without hesitation I snatch my phone from the coffee table noticing the caller ID.

Little Mouse

I quickly bring it to my phone- "Little mouse-"
"Cyrus I know Henry's plan, he's trying to get me to be alone-" She spoke in a rush I could barely understand from the loud jet engine and how she breathed heavily.
"Woah little mouse slow down what's going on?" the grip on my phone tightened, "Misha, Blair, and Rune had an emergency at LEB, Kenji had to leave for his brother Koa, and I gave Blaze two weeks off-"
"He's trying to get you alone" I cut her off mid-sentence
"Yes, Cyrus I need you I'm scared-" Then suddenly the sound of a phone being electrocuted shuts the call off "Lana" my voice broke in fear, "Lana?!" I shout sitting up from my seat in sync with Nevan, gripping the phone with dear life.

"Fuck!" I roared tossing my phone across the jet, Fran yelps as it nearly hits her over the head but before it could Aldo hugged her tight. My blood boiled together as I figured out what to do.

She's alone, she's fucking alone and Henry could be after her right this minute, FUCK ME.

Your an idiot Cyrus
Why did you leave?
Did you really think you could protect her?

Groaning I run ahead hand through my hair, My psychosis is not getting to me, not today. "Cyrus-" I ignore Aldo's shouting after I rush toward the front pilot.

"Mr. Winter your not supposed to be back here-"
"Get to DC as quickly as possible" I demanded with a bark
"Yes Sir." He swallowed.