Chapter 42: Black Butterfly

Lana

I made sure no one followed me back to my apartment, I needed to some alone time, how dare he help me up and leave his wife alone? and what is he doing back?! I thought he was leaving for good,

What an asshole-

"Hi!"
"FUCK!" I yelped, I shut my door and let out a breath as Blair sat across my living room while being huddled in a blanket, "Blair only because I gave you a key doesn't mean you're supposed to be here every day of the hour" I sighed checking my camera and Ipad for any cracks from my embarrassing fall, I cringe.

As expected, my camera lens was cracked, but my Ipad was perfectly fine, "I know but I miss you" she faked a sob cooing as she pretends to wipe invisible tears from her eyes, "Blair we're only three floors away" I blink folding my arms across my chest, "I know...have you heard the news?"

Great, seems like DC gossip spreads like water, "What news?" I stammered strolling up to her, she narrowed her eyes at me as I sat beside her.

"You haven't heard" she dramatically gasped, I arch a brow and tried maintaining eye contact, I know the news, Hell I've bumped into the guy who's the gossip of the month, and that guy happens to be my ex who I'm still recovering from "How do you feel? Mr. Winters back in town"

"Awful, I already bumped into him-"
She lets out an exaggerated gasp with the biggest smile, "If that's not destiny I dont know what is"

"He's married" I snarled picking in my nails
"Oh" her smile dropped, I thin my lips and nodded, Within a blink of an eye Blair had shoved me into her embrace, even tho I didn't seem bothered.

I felt hurt, I don't know why because I was the one who decided to let him go, I decided I didn't want nothing to do with him, I thought leaving him would help me feel better, but it did the complete opposite.

It makes me feel like shit, like a baby elephant.

While mid-embrace, I felt Blair's awkwardly release me, and I immediately knew she was hiding something. "What?" I snapped giving her a frown, "Is this a good time to mention he invited us to a dinner gala?"

Shit.

❄︎

"What are you going to wear," Sam asked while comfortable sitting on my bed,meanwhile  I paced across my room fidgeting with whatever I could see ripping my goddam hair from my scalp and panicking, "You okay?" Blaze asked with narrowed eyes, I eye him giving him a death glare, like I'm not squeezing in my boots and trying to hold the urge to throw a tantrum.

"I'm perfectly fine, just dinner, and everyone will be there so it won't matter" I giggled while running both hands through my hair, god it's not just dinner! I'll be seeing Cyrus, my ex the man I'm- I was madly in love with, AND the guy who betrayed me.

I kept reminding myself.

Sitting up from my bed Sam gave me a tight smile, "What are you-" I let out a gasp as she pulled out my newest dress collection.

The Black Butterfly Collection.

"No" I said firmly eyeing her cautiously
"Yes," She nodded.
"No"
"YES!" I flinch by the sudden screams Sam and Blaze released, "Thats to-"
"Sexy, hot, will catch his eyes and regret marrying a hobo" I think my lips staring at the black dresses sitting in front of my closet.

"If you put it that way sure"

The dress Sam specifically picked out, was the hottest dress and most gorgeous one I've done, it's not on sale just yet, but it will be soon.

It took me 13 total hours to finish it, that's why I'm putting it up at a higher price than my regular dresses.

It's a beautiful black dress with a corset see-through laced top with black glittering butterflies sewed onto it, and the best part is the skirt, a black puffy skirt that makes you look like a literal goddess, I specifically made a short layer in the middle of the dress to show of our beautiful legs, long see through lace roses printed arm sleeves.

"Isn't it too much?" I asked, "Not for Lana Ambrose" Blaze spoke up, giving me the glare of you better wear it.

Dress Insp

(Couldn't pick more than one)

I know it'll turn heads down the sidewalk, and maybe if I wear it out in public a few people will notice me...and it could probably be the new talk of the week, Lana Ambrose wearing a incredible beautiful black lace dress, designer: Unknown.

God that would be a dream! and it'll show Cyrus how far I've come without him...sighing I glance at the lace arm sleeves, it'll show he's always been on my mind for every design.

"Fuck it, Guess I'm being the talk of the night"