Chapter 45: Afraid

Lana

I felt like drowning in my misery.

"I'm sorry"
"Don't be, because I still care and love you,"
"Cyrus-"

"And I'll wait, I'll keep on waiting even if it takes more than a decade, I'll wait till you're ready to accept my love"

Drowning in his words, he wasn't supposed to come back, he was supposed to stay in Italy and me in DC, I was supposed to forget about him and move on with life and so was he.

But this goddamn universe keeps bringing us together.

You want him, you want him so bad your scared to fall for him even harder.

I already love him, but what's the price for? what if he's hiding something else-

"Miss, are you going to finish that?" I glared up at the idiotic person asking me that question, the goddamn waiter giving me a dirty look "It's a Mexican burrito, of course, I'm going to eat it" it was twice as big as my head.
"Oh okay...but you've been holding it for ten minutes without taking a bite" I glance down at the cold burrito in my hands, it's so cold now.

Oh...

What is he doing to me now I'm dozing off?! "Sorry yes, I'm going to eat it" I grin taking a bite of my already cold burrito.

Couldn't this get any more embarrassing-

"What's on your mind" I froze in place while chewing on my food, that fucking voice, it was deep, with an Italian husky accent, god please this must be a nightmare-

That's when he sat across from me giving me a slight smirk as his eyes darted toward the burrito and my eyes, "Nothing, it's none of your business" I spoke my voice coming out muffled from my stuffed mouth, I swallowed it hard and glared at him with annoyance.

That's when he chuckles and leans against the table wiping some sauce I had on the corner of my lip off with his thumb but that's when he dragged his thumb across my bottom lip, holding my breath my thighs clenched tightly as I watch him suck his thumb with extra sauce,

Thats when we suddenly over here groups of girls whispering and giggling beside eyes, I rolled my eyes when my eyes darted toward one of the girls, and a smirk crosses her lips, oh that fucking pathetic bitch!

Jealousy slaps me across the face as she starts walking up to our table, "Hey there-"
"Not interested" Without even glancing at the fine beautiful girl, he rejects her while staring straight into my eyes with a smile.

She scoffs and paces away with her heels following her behind, "She seems like your type"
"She's not, not even close to my type" The girl had long brown hair and brown eyes, the complete opposite of my looks, thick thighs with beautiful brown skin, twice my height.

"Well, you would have looked good together" Scoffing I place my burrito down. "Little mouse I'm only interested in one person and one person only," His smile drops, and I see the seriousness and annoyance in his eyes, ugh could I blame him? I'm acting like a selfish bitch and I'm not even trying to, it's as if my head is trying to trap my heart from saying something I'm dying to spit out.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I break eye contact staring out the ceiling windows of the city view, I can't keep maintaining eye contact, I feel like a little girl who has a massive crush on an eight-year-old boy, for once his gaze intimidates the hell out of me.

Noticing footsteps approaching us, my waitress starts walking toward my table with the bill without speaking I run through my bag and pull out a 20 dollar bill-

But before I could even place my dollar bill down Cyrus had placed a 100 dollar bill down, "Cyrus-"
"Congrats on your fashion line, I'm...proud of you Little mouse" I felt my heart sink as I watched him sit up from his seat and walk out of the restaurant, my stomach twisted as I watched him head toward the elevator doors, even his walk is sexy?! Ugh!

I took a deep breath, get your shit together, Ambrose.

Cyrus

I felt my heart ache as I walked out of the building, give her some time Cyrus.

I have given her six months, and I still love her more than I should.

I know she cares, and I know she wants me, but she's still hurt, I have to find a way to earn her trust back, Lana is hurt and very traumatized, I was the first guy to have owned her heart after what she went through with Ten (Henry) and Vincent, fucking Vincent.

The only solution is to wait, I can't force her to love me, and I don't want to force her into anything she's not comfortable with, be patient Cyrus I will be hers again, it's just a matter of time.

❄︎

I sat across from Nevan while scrolling through my phone, specifically scrolling through Lana's social media,  Everyone knows I don't use social media for specific reasons, but when I do it must be important.

Important as in her?

Exactly.

"Your pathetic" I jerk my head up with a frown on my face when I realize Nevan had been scowling my every move.

"If you want her so bad, just ask her out, it's so depressing watching you" He sighed, inhaling a deep breath before I punch the fucker across the face I glance at him dead in the eyes "You know nothing of love, so you might as well keep your miserable advice to yourself"

Rolling his eyes he slams his macbook and leans closer toward me, arching and narrowing my brows he smirks "I might be a miserable man, but at least I'm not chasing a girl who wants nothing to do with me"

"I advise you to keep your mouth shut and pick your next words cautiously, for a man who wants nothing to do with love and a future with kids you should learn to keep your mouth shut"

Before he could answer I sat up from my seat and made my way out his door, son of a bitch thinks he can speak bullshit about Lana and get away with it.

It was a harsh thing to say to Nevan knowing that what he's been through, he's a warrior, tho I don't know the whole story about his past and how we survived that goddamn fire I know brought to know him and Vivian are the most fucked in the head, respectfully. Fisting my phone in rage I take in a deep breath- when I suddenly get a scent of a familiar perfume of roses-

"Lana" I froze in place, her eyes widening as the grip on her phone tightened, "Cyrus I um" she stammered with her words, my eyes dart toward her eyes and lips realizing black mascara were smudged under her eyes and her lips plumped in a rosy shade of pink.

She's been crying, my blood boiled beneath my skin, and the snap of my phone catches her attention, "Tell me a name, now" I demanded closing the gap between us speaking with gritted teeth, "What?" She frowned with a confused expression.

"Who hurt you"
"No one-"
"Enough with the lies, Tell me now and I swear to god-" Before I could finish my sentence she cuts me off with an unexpected hug, gasping I instantly wrap my arms around her, Inhaling her scent and the warmth of her small, how our bodies melt instantly as we touched, fuck how much I missed her.

"He's back" She cried into my new expensive suit, but I didn't give a shit, I'm grateful i'll have to hang this suit up in a special glass box, I wrapped my arms around her tighter, "Who's back?" I asked with a harsh sigh, if she says who I think she says...I'll go fucking mental as I already am.

Don't say it, Lana, don't fucking say it, even tho I had no idea what she was about to say, I had a suspicion ever since high school how she was afraid every time we crossed paths at school, how alerted she was. The Same Way I Felt.

"My stalker"

Fuck.