Chapter 46: Enemies

Lana

"Why didn't you tell me," he asked with clear anger in his eyes, but I knew he was trying his best to keep calm while my body trembled uncontrollably, I thought he was gone for good.

After Cyrus left the messages, pictures and everything else stopped, for six months I was in piece until now. After I cried into Cyrus' arms I showed him all the text messages between my stalker and I, from the day I first received one, and from the videos and picture.

"I should be asking you the same thing" I scowled him whole wrapping my arms around myself, he took a deep breath and got down to his knees while I sat on the bench inside his new office to reach my face.

Since Misha and Nevan have a contract together and while Cyrus is here I guess he gets his own office, "I didn't want to scare you,"

"I was already afraid for my life Cyrus, every day I was afraid whoever this person is was going to kidnap me or hurt you or anyone else I love"

His cheeks flush a hint of pink when I realize I said the L-word "You changed, a lot" I swallow glancing down at his outfit and hair "Not really, a suit and fancy hair doesn't change shit, I'm still your old Cyrus"

He gives me a smirk while sitting beside me on the bench, for once I felt a genuine smile cross my lips "I'm Still Your Old Cyrus" He still my old Cyrus, my. I try avoiding eye contact and ignore the fact his thigh is brushing against mine, and hoping he doesn't hear my heart wanting to jump out my chest.

"That's why I didn't say anything, I didn't want to scare you," his voice came out more as a whisper but I could hear it clear as day,
I find it odd my stalker is back after Cyrus came back from Italy correction our stalker, It's obvious whoever this person is hates the fact Cyrus and I are together, perhaps it's our family's title? if two of the most dangerous powerful families get together, start a family, that would make us insanely dangerous.

We already have Misha and Blair who are always the talk of the year, there's always a new article about them everyday hoping Blair would be pregnant so the gen z Elon Musk would be as powerfully and smart.

Can't argue on that, if Blair and Misha have a child one day they'll be extremely smart.

"What were your messages about?" I asked gaining the confidence to glance up at his dark eyes, "Threats, about us"

Us, of course, something's going on, it's not just me, but him as well, who is this person and what do they want from us?! "Cyrus" I stood up and turned to face him, my head rushing with random thoughts I'm starting to feel a headache. 

"Did the messages stop when you left back for Italy?" I asked with curiosity in my voice, "It did-" he cuts himself up, by his facial expression I knew he caught on with what I was thinking...he slowly stood up and basically paced up toward his laptop, "What's wrong?" I asked but he ignored me, curiously I pace beside him.

"Hand me your phone" I did as he said and with no hesitation, I handed him my phone, "Password?" he asked glancing up at me, shit.

I gulp a breath while rubbing in my elbow, "The day we were at the Ferris wheel" his body froze and his gaze softened and so did his facial expression, but he snapped out of it and typed it down...

He remembers...

I felt stupid butterflies rush through my stomach when he let out a slight smile when my phone unlocked, he scrolled around through my phone till his gaze went up to his laptop screen.

He typed like a professional maniac while darting his head between my phone and his screen, I mean seriously what did I expect me genius here is a Winter and a hacker? "You son of a bitch" he suddenly mumbled catching my attention

"What's wrong?" I frowned peeking over his shoulder to glance at his screen, I leaned down beside him and stared at his screen-

I felt my legs about to give up on me? and the words trying to escape my mouth got trapped in my tongue, what...this can't be real, how is this real, god wake up Lana!

Rusting my hand I hiss from my nails digging into my skin, it's real, it's not a dream, it's fucking real, my heart pounded and slowly Cyrus glanced down at me to catch my trapped in the screens gaze. 

"No."

No, No, No, This can't be fucking happening, "How..."
"I don't know" He whispered with what sounded like a nervous tone in his voice or worse, worry or...fear?

I couldn't help a tear slip out of my eye as I stared at the screen, my legs felt like jelly, and my hands wouldn't stop trembling.

Cyrus

I felt my chair wobble from Lana behind me, I glanced up at her to see her broken into silent tears, and her face pale as a ghost while she uncontrollably trembled.

Like lightning, I felt bolts slam behind my back as I sat up and wrapped my arms around her, "Little mouse your safe with me" she sobbed into my chest while wrapping her arms tightly around my waist.

"Cyrus I'm scared I'm so scared please don't let him take me" she cried glancing up at me with those ocean-clear eyes, her bottom lip wobbled from the fear in her tone, She was absolutely terrified, I've never seen this side of scared Lana before.

The last time was anger and betrayal this time it's pure terror "Look at me" I cup her cheeks and get on my knees to her height.

"He's dead, he's fucking rotting in hell, he can't hurt you, he's gone for good, and I promise whoever this is, I'll catch them and give them the punishment they deserve"

Death.

Slow painful fucking death for hurting what's mine, for hurting my woman, for giving her trauma for nearly a year, I'll make sure this will be the bloodiest most painful life I've taken, and before I'm done with them there crew is going down too.

Lana grasps my elbows and gently makes me sit back up, "Why are they doing this Cyrus?" I wipe the tears from her cheek with my thumb while she held onto me with dear life, like she was afraid to let me go, cupping her cheeks I force her to stare at me and not look at the screen.

"Because they hate us, they hate us being together, working together, being...friends"

"Friends?" her eyebrows pull together.

God, I hate that word.

"They hate us being together" she repeats to herself, she breaks eye contact while slowly releasing my arms, her grip loosening while her thoughts overboard her head.

I didn't need to think, I knew whatever she was thinking, was about Vincent.

I glance back at my screen, where Vincent is staring back at us.

I traced the messages by the "unknown" ID, their hacker must have broke their agreement since I traced it quicker than a minute, and it led to Vincent Ambrose's phone, but how? he's fucking dead.

"Cyrus," I glance back at Lana, her eyes staring between my lips and eyes, I take a step closer, and she doesn't take a step back, eventually closing the gap between us.

"Little mouse" I whispered under my breath, "They hate us being together" I nod while cupping the back of her neck, "They do, they despise it, they hate the thought of two dangerous kids coming together" I said, I flinch as her hands meet the back of my neck.

"Because you're a Winter,"
"And you're an Ambrose two powerful families, they failed to jew the Ambrose and Larson away from one another, and they'll fail again from keeping the Winters and Ambrose as well"

I arch a brow while giving her a slight quirky smirk, I stare at her rosy cheeks while trying to control my erection raise between my pants, she's so fucking beautiful, and her plump lips look extra delicious "Kiss me-" Before she could even finish her sentence I had slammed my lips against her, cupping the back of her neck I devoured her whole like a starved man, she moans into my mouth causing me to go utterly insane....