Chapter 20: Illusions

Lana

I changed into a two-piece bathing suit while playing Taylor Swift in the background, this is the first pool party I'm going two since forever.

I used to be a party animal and go to any party I heard of.

I guess you could say I was...that girl, mean, popular, rude, and a bitch toward everyone, but I changed after...

I headed downstairs after hearing glasses being thrown across the wall, "Dad?" I gasped as I froze in place to see him fall to his knees as he stared up at Mom's portrait.

"You fucking slut-"

"You almost ready?" I drop my hair brush and spun around to see Blair worryingly staring at me, "What's wrong?" "Nothing just you scared me" I fake a chuckle and turn back to look at the mirror.

"I'm ready"

❄︎

After Blair dropped me off, I quickly ran inside, Mason's mansion is extremely huge I nearly got lost halfway through the backyard, and as expected there were a bunch of people.

Making out, smoking, drinking, and dancing, my eyes roamed toward the pool, Sam on top of Blaze's shoulders while Sosa was trying to push her off while sitting over Cam's shoulders.

"Hey, you made it!" Mason suddenly appears behind me, I turn around to see him holding a cup ready for me, "Yeah I did nice house" I smile staring back and forth between the red cup he's holding and his eyes.

"Thanks here" I don't drink, the last time I drink was when Blair handed me a few hundred bucks, after that I haven't taken a sip or even touched alcohol.

As I was about to take the cup from Mason's hand I could sense the back of my spine burning from a stare, I ignore it and take it but before I could have taken a sip a random girl purposely bumps into me, causing the cup of liquor to land all over my chest.

"What the fuck?!" I shout tumbling back, "Oh my god I'm so sorry" She shouted back slamming the cup from my hand, I catch everyone's attention as I tried wiping the sticky alcohol from my chest.

"Lana you okay-"
"Come I'll help you clean up" Before I could protest the random girl grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me inside the mansion, "Where are we going hey!" I shout as we made our way upstairs.

She pushed me into what seemed a girls room and locked the door behind her, "Who are you, and what the fuck-"
"You should be thanking me" She rolled her eyes folding her arms across her chest, "For what you literally ruined my bathing suit"

"Stop being a brat and open your eyes, Mason had drugged your drink before you had walked through those doors" My eyes widen and my jaw basically dropped to the ground.

My heart pounded in my chest.

This can't be happening not again, "How do I know you're not lying" My voice came out as a whisper, "Because I've been watching him like a Hawk" and once again my heart dropped to my stomach.

"What..."
"Yeah, I might sound like a creep but it's obvious he doesn't have good intentions I followed my gut feeling, and thanks to me you aren't laying unconscious in his bedroom"

"Oh, my god..." I gulped a breath as I realized who she was, she had a sleeve tattoo and her curly hair was down, she had perfectly tan skin that made me jealous.

Because she seems like Cyrus type?

No fuck off...

"Miley, I'm sorry I didn't realize-"

"No it's fine," she cuts me off mid-sentence

"Thanks, I just got here and already wanna leave" "I get it, I'll drop you home if you wish" she gave me a slight smile.

"No it's okay, I need to clear my head either way." I took a deep breath and blinked the tears that were about to drop down my cheeks.

"Oh okay...here, why don't you hand me your number, it's nearly midnight and I don't need you going missing," she said in a firm but teasingly voice.

I nod and hand her my phone number, "Thanks Miley, I appreciate you having my back"

"No worries, girls should always have each other's back" She grinned, and I beam back, she's like the friend I always wished for.

As I made my way back outside the hall, I decided to explore his mansion and get him back, when I was about to look into a room I suddenly feel a hard grip over my arm.

I get tossed into a pitch-black room that looked to be a master bedroom.

My back was pressed against a brick-hard chest, I could tell it was a guy by how tall he felt behind me, one he had wrapped around my tiny waist, and his free hand covered my mouth from talking.

My breath got heavier as I thought of it being Mason.

A sudden tear rolled down my cheek while I shut my eyes.

"I'll advise you to watch who you are friends with"

My stomach sank to my stomach, is that why Cyrus told me that? Is that why he fought Mason...because he was using me?

All of it made sense.

The reason he got upset when I said Mason didn't do anything wrong, was why he quicked Mason out of his seat beside me, he didn't want him around me.

Because he was just trying to get into my pants.

Another tear rolled down, then another landing on his hand, "Little mouse?" Cyrus' voice breaks and he slowly releases his grasp around me.

I then suddenly couldn't breathe, not again, not again, not again, I couldn't move.

"Fuck you bitch!"
"DAD STOP LET ME GO!"
"This is what you deserve, this is what she deserves,"

"Dad" I panted turning around to not see Cyrus, but Mason, smiling at me as if he was my father, "What are you- yes pumpkin it's me" I shook my head back and forth when my vision got blurred.

Dad, Vincent, Mom?!

I felt like a dream, no a nightmare, "Stop get away from me!" I shouted with my heart out.