Three

Arnav was back to the boxes again. He opened the fourth one..The first one had a letter,second one had small trinklets that women wore. The third one had flute,brush,pens, kerchiefs,flower..

Now the fourth one he opened was large box. It had several certificates,several awards. All in the name of Sristi Singh Raizada. She was a very good student. She had amazing sports certificates.. There were a lot of files,important deals signed by Sristi Singh Raizada. Arnav knew his grandfather had passed away early. He thought it was his grandmother who handled the business before his father. Yet it was this mysterious woman named Sristi..

There were years on the files. She was only fifteen when she started working. Her father's untimely demise had pushed her there. She had to take care of the sinking ship. She built it anew. Within twelve years,it was at the top. Arnav admired her. He saw himself in her. He thought it was genetic..

There were photo albums in that box. He picked them up. She loved photography. There were numbers of photos in those albums. And there were photos of two children growing up,his grandmother,whom he had only seen stern,cold,was smiling. They were happy. At last he found a photo of her. There she stood,dressed in simple white saree,a pearl necklace and pair of pearl earrings adorning her. A black shawl draped on one shoulder,a ring and a watch.. Her eyes were black,yet they seemed to see through things..

He kept her photo aside. She was looking a little like his grandmother,yet was taller. Her confidence showed in her.

Yet another photo fell. A photo of her with a man. The man was smiling,brightly. He felt he had seen that smile somewhere. Yet where,he forgot. He was wearing a light green shirt,black pants. She in her usual black and white. Yet both were happy,he could tell..

Arnav kept that photo aside too..

Then he went to the fifth box..It had a bright red saree,heavily adorned with golden threadworks. A veil,precisely a bridal veil,red. A pair of golden sandal,boxes of jewellery,heavy kundan sets. Yet in between there was the same pearl set,she was wearing in the photo and a simple black beaded Mangal Sutra too.. And in another box within,there was a cream sherwani,with a pair of shoes,a turban,and a pearl necklace for men. He came to conclusions that it was for both of them,Sristi and whoever that man was. It might have been meant for their wedding..

Arnav was a designer himself. He loved the designs. He had a perfect bridal look after watching that set. He wished to add some different colours and works to this original piece and present it as his next bridal collection..

Underneath the boxes he found a note,which told Arnav,it was her own design. She had worked with the tailor of their family and specially made those dresses.. For herself and her beloved..

It was already night. Khushi had come,delivered food in that colourful container. He went down and watched the workers relishing the handmade sweets of Guptas. He too enjoyed his meal and retired for the night,not before wishing his Di and Nani Goodnight through Video call..